1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Division Bell

Discussion in 'music' started by MichaelC, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

Prefer Pulse, myself. The Wall comes second. I got Division Bell double disc not long ago, so not really I interested in the new blue (improved?) version.

2. krenzler

krenzler pfm Member

It’s the same as the black 20th from 5 years ago just blue this time around.

3. Mal45

Mal45 pfm Member

And I'd agree with that. The evidence is in the 16 min version of Interstellar Overdrive from the London 66/67 album. Beats the hell out of anything from the Gilmour era.

4. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

Is that the one that was on the "Tonite Lets all make love in London" ep cd?

5. Mal45

Mal45 pfm Member

Yes, that's the one. I've never seen the film but apparently not all of the Interstellar performance was shown, so I don't know whether the film soundtrack that you refer to has an abridged version matching the film or not. The London 66/67 album is just Floyd alone without the other participants in the film and the version on that is definitely the full 16:46 mins.

6. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

Yep...the one on the cd ep is 16:46

7. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

Love it.

TimF likes this.
  8. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

The film just used small chunks of the full 16:46 version. When See For Miles reissued it in the 90s, they put the full version on it along with 'Nick's Boogie'. Both have been reissued numerous times such as 'London 68'. AIUI, it was an audio lifted from the film made of them performing the two tracks.

My favourite version of 'Interstellar Overdrive' is the one recorded for Anthony Stern's 'San Francisco'

It got a vinyl-only release a couple of years ago: https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-Interstellar-Overdrive/release/10165060

9. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

It may be a false memory but ISTR seeing them making that video at Bourn Airfield which was close to where my GF lived.