1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The forthcoming demise of the Conservative minority government, May 2017-? part II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Jul 9, 2018.

1. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

2. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Corbyn is making an excellent speech on the problem currently hidden by the Brexit crisis- the government’s failure to stop widening economic inequality and the collapse in public services while having an eye to deregulation to reduce wages and employment rights further. The epitome must be Five Thousand Fridges Handcock- out of his depth while taking a wrecking ball, along with his colleagues to NHS fincance via Brexit.

Still likes this.
  3. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Don't remember this being covered by the BBC.

4. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Tory theft, graft and corruption continues apace.

Snufkin likes this.
  5. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

A fun email from Robbie Gibb (Theresa May's director of communications and - cor blimey, would you adam and eve it?! - a former politics editor at the BBC) to Cabinet special advisors:
    It was leaked to the Daily Far-Right Hate Mag. Apparently, Amber Rudd, Sajid Javid and Liz Truss are the objects of his disapproval.

Does Theresa May have any political authority left?

TheDecameron likes this.
  6. TheDecameron

Napoleon Javid has been on manoeuvres for weeks now- ready to respond as soon as May is shown the door. He will never become Party leader, far less PM however. Can you think why? I was thinking about putting up mug shots of Lynton Crosby and hapless Zac buy it’s not all their fault, they were only telling the party faithful what they already believed.

7. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

Why were so many laughing at Emily Thornbury on Question time last night while she was revealing the Labour party's latest clear vision on Brexit ?

The loudest applause came from someone who said the current government were as clueless as the opposition.

Before christmas in the Guardian ET said the Labour party would not press for a people's vote as all the polls showed it still too close to call. Even though some 72% of their voters wish for it.

They were also apprehensive about pushing for a general election as that was also too close to call.

She said last week that they would call for a people's vote - as an alternative to a no deal Brexit.

But they will vote against any deal the Tory's propose because this may lead them to power....

I love politicians, sod the country me, me, me.

timola likes this.
  8. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Yet he's still the favourite to succeed May, according to Oddschecker.

Bizarre. Don't people know the Conservative Party is racist to its core?

A mozzy leader? Forget it!

9. TheDecameron

He’ll be the faux inclusiveness candidate. A well deserved runner up with another nightmare ministry to move to.

timola likes this.
  10. clivem2

clivem2 pfm Member

A lot of the country is. Terms like mozzy are suspect at best...

11. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

I'm using the preferred term of the forum's intermittently resident (between bans) Islamophobe. He appears to be back (temporarily, no doubt).

12. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

Although the Tories have got as far as female leaders, which I suppose is a start.

13. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis <((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>¸.

perhaps, but it hasn't done most of the rest of us much good

14. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Do you mean moslem/muslim? If not, do you mean a mosquito?

timola likes this.
  15. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Mosquito obviously.

16. Still

Still beware of the duck

Universal Credit treats student loans as unearned income, which is causing great hardship.
    This will prevent those at the bottom trying to improve their situation through education.

¡kick out the tories!

TheDecameron likes this.
  17. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

Sounds like a pre tender selection followed by a small competition ITT.

Can work if you want to award a small piece of work to a vendor you know can do the work but I didn't think it could be used for a contract in the £millions, sounds very dodgy to me and really something that size should have been approved by the cabinet office or at a minimum Crown Commercial.

18. TheDecameron

The far right entryists who got into Parliament since 2010 have taught the old back woodsmen like Bone had Redwood a thing or two. They’ve voted twice against May- in the personal no confidence vote and last night. The good news is that one of them, Steve Baker is threatening ( for effect at the moment) that the Tory Party will split.
    This could be one of the best outcomes we could hope for. Then we get to see what the right wing of the party looks like with the lights switched on once they’re unchained from Tory claims of moderation.

19. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

20. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

Speaker Bercow 'could be denied peerage'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46913477

"Such is the anger with the Speaker at senior levels of government, it has been suggested he could be blocked from getting a peerage when he retires."

I wonder if he would actually accept a peerage from such a shite government populated with such inept, incompetent, self seeking charlatans?

Still and TheDecameron like this.