1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Future Of The Democratic Party.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by maxflinn, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Wilson

Wilson _

Yes.

2. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

i can't seem to find my life wisdom thread, so this one will have to do.

here is a former clinton campaign adviser who has taken to bashing progressives on the internet.

[​IMG]

from his linked in profile:

I'm a motivated professional and entrepreneur who works in the growing space where passion and creativity meet at the intersection of public relations, presentation and branding.

3. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Gender Traitor

maxflinn likes this.
  4. maxflinn

maxflinn pfm Member

I'd like to smother Ben Shapiro too :)

5. ErikL

ErikL I like pierogies.

max---

Something about Tulsi gives me heebie jeebies. Manchurian Hare Krishna, blank stare (see Pentecostal Sarah Palin), etc.

6. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

Are you sure that isn't a tingling in the goolies, Sarah Palin is MILF after all ;)

maxflinn likes this.
  7. John

John TDS free

Here’s a great example of the fake news we get here from the mainstream media.

maxflinn and Wilson like this.
  8. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

Yep RT is quite shite.

9. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

she is certainly not a typical candidate and that may seem odd. my guess is that she is a lot more introverted than the norm here and i'd add to that the influence of military training which, in spite of everything else, can instill some sense of humility and community. if we can't agree that she's a decent person, then there is no point in talking about politics at all on the internet.

maxflinn likes this.
  10. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

From all accounts you're a well meaning, level-headed smart guy or gal. Probably have a law degree, or at least a diploma from a good school. Or maybe you've served in the military and distinguished yourself. Either way, you've seen firsthand how governance works from your time in local politics, which is to say you know it's 80% graft, sweetheart deals and kickbacks to continually shift wealth to a small minority.

And yet now, in middle age and armed with reams of life experience, you've decided to subject yourself to a run for the presidency, a run you know fully well is years of doing a backstroke through a cesspool that will disolve your dignity for political fame and relative fortune. What should a thinking electorate make of this? For some, it compels attention, energy and endless argument. For the rest of us, it says 'From all accounts' doesn't mean shit.

11. maxflinn

maxflinn pfm Member

I wouldn't go as far as saying she gives me the heebie jeebies, Erik, but I do think she sometimes comes across too sickly sweet, which I never like in a politician.

On the whole though her policies are good and her foreign policy especially so, and while she won't win I'm delighted she's been able to make an impact

Of course it's the kind of anti-interventionist impact that leads the military industrial complex and its disciples (like Clinton) to smear her using lies and propaganda.

What a boost that's given her profile though. She picked up 40,000 new Twitter followers on Friday alone, after Clinton's conspiratorial insanity.

I think we'll be hearing a lot more from her for a while yet.

12. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Is it actually believed that ANYONE would form a positive opinion on reading that sentence?

13. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Reading the daily Kos types rhetorically bury their heads gallbladder-deep in the the bowels of Clinton (both) over the years drove me so far from that political persuasion I couldn't see it now if I bolted Hubble to my roof. Maybe all that nuance acts as a cloaking device. But at least I'm safe from the Aristotelian logic bombs in the form of 'false equivalence' accusations.

Anyway, seems the Missus is following in hubby's footsteps where every word from her Peyronies hole has an effect opposite to its intent. Because sucks.

maxflinn likes this.
  14. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

False dichotomies are not true.

15. maxflinn

maxflinn pfm Member

So far, from the other Democratic candidates Beto O'rourke, Andrew Yang and Marianne Williamson have came out and defended Tulsi.

Nothing as of yet from Bernie, even though Tulsi resigned as vice chair of the DNC to support him in 2016 after finding out the DNC cheated him.

He needs to support her now, IMO.

16. claire.foxx

Ex military = state oppressor, might as well be a cop.
    No matter how cuddly and humanitarian you spin it and dress it up.

17. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Hmm ... introverted? Hadn't considered that angle. I'm one of those extroverted introverts, and I can't imagine someone leaning to introvert wanting a thing to do with politics. Also not sure about military time presaging a GI Joe cum Mr. Rogers thing. I see her more with a guerilla gurl hard and sweet and carrying your balls in her purse vibe.

18. claire.foxx

a few years ago I was saying Hillary was the lesser of two evils now I’m considering another term of Trump might be needed to radicalise white bread liberals and useless ****ing centrists into violent insurrection because 4 years hasn’t been enough.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  19. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

@claire.foxx You and marky should get together and walk away from Gotham City.

20. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Reference:

claire.foxx and droodzilla like this.