1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The MOSE/Hercules power supply for Linn LP12

Discussion in 'audio' started by kcc123, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Stamford Audio have them. They're only 25 mins from me so might pop in for a visit over the next week or so.

2. allthingsanalog

allthingsanalog pfm Member

I bought a MOSE before Christmas, it should be here soon!

3. rn82497

rn82497 pfm Member

I've seen reference to ' Steve Tuckett's "Number9" ' power supply - but no actually links anywhere. Does this exist? If so are there more details?

4. andyr

andyr Registered User

Yes, he seems to be strangely slack about keeping the world wide web up to date.

If you really would like to know more details, PM me and I will send you his email address.

EDIT: he actually has posted here - see post #80 in this thread:
    http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184167&page=6

Andy

5. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Oh, is this the power supply you have been experimenting with Andy? A very interesting and flexible design.

6. andyr

andyr Registered User

Yep, it has an awesome array of features. :) I am hoping my "production" version will be delivered tomorrow. :D

Now, this is driving 2x 24v (Rega) Premotecs atm (arranged diametrically opposed) ... but Steve has come across a Hurst motor (not the one used by VPI!!) which looks promising. It has about twice the horsepower of the Premotec motors .. so that's the next experiment. :D

Andy

7. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

Time he updated that site

8. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

The Number 9 power supply is a very interesting proposition but, if this is the website, it Could do with a lot more detail:

http://www.number9tt.com

9. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

I have a VPI/Hurst motor, it would make a good drive for a pneumatic drill.

10. rn82497

rn82497 pfm Member

Like details on how to purchase one :)

11. deebster

deebster pfm Member

Resurrection time again

Before I email him anyone know if Edmund is still selling these Mose boxes?

I have an internal Herc and fancy shifting it out

12. vinylslug

vinylslug Rebuilding my Vinyl collection.

I've recently bought one from Stamford Audio. I'm sure Edmund was still an option, but I preferred buying from somewhere closer to home, so I didn't pursue buying directly from him. A nice upgrade from the Majik PSU for me.

13. deebster

deebster pfm Member

They only seem to sell the full units on their site, but it's just the box I need

14. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I just ‘liked’ the OP then rubbed my eyes and checked it was indeed 2009! For my own part, I got lucky after my 2017 post when someone advertised a complete herc/Mose on pfm after I’d sold my newer fancy lp12 with the herc in it and put the Mose in my mid 80s ‘play’ sondek.

15. rkay5

rkay5 Member

Edmund still sells the Mose for folks that own Hercules.

16. Zombie

Zombie pfm Member

Read about the fishing line belt in the Nr. 9 thread. The are better fishing lines, braided, for instance.

17. andyr

andyr Registered User

Z - are you talking about the Number9 website ... or the 'Number9 thread'?

If the latter - can you tell me how to find that post? (I can't see it on the Number9 website)

Thanks,
    Andy

18. Zombie

Zombie pfm Member

The thread above.

19. andyr

andyr Registered User

OK, the current thread is titled "The MOSE/Hercules power supply for Linn LP12".

The thread listed above the current thread (in the 'Audio' section of PFM) is titled "USB 2.0 or 3.0".

So I doubt it will be in that thread.

Perhaps you can explain what you mean by 'thread above'?

20. Zombie

Zombie pfm Member