1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The National “I am easy to find” out

Discussion in 'music' started by McNaim, May 17, 2019.

1. McNaim

McNaim pfm Member

Just listening via Apple Music ... if I like it I will buy the CD

2. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Got the triple vinyl in the post, they're usually pretty reliable so at the worst it should be OK.

3. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Listened to it a few times now and I like it a lot, loving the large amount of female vocalists and duets, will have to check out the film project attached to it.

4. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Got the triple vinyl here as well, but the damn download code doesn't work so not had chance to listen yet.

5. matt j

matt j pfm Member

I listened to it a few times on Qobuz before the vinyl got here, not managed to give it a spin yet.

6. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

The National? Marmite!
    I like them a lot and I suspect that if anyone does, they will never be disappointed by their music.

The triple black LP has just arrived and is currently playing - very "The National" - and very good, and so far a good pressing too.

7. springer

springer pfm Member

Triple black?? Is this a thing? I'm aware of double black, double clear and the triple set in 3 diff colours, but not triple black. Where was this from?

8. Amber Audio

Amber Audio Trade: Amber Audio

I was away yesterday - delivery guy left it outside jammed behind a concrete pot so its wet and damaged and on it's way back. At least I've got it playing via Tidal. Not their absolute best but very good and growing on me.

9. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

My apologies - double, not triple.

10. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Much preferring it to Sleep well beast thus far

maccar likes this.
  11. matt j

matt j pfm Member

What's the standard black vinyl like? I must say that the coloured triple is stunning, or at least mine is, absolutely deathly quiet even in lead-in/run-out and it's a cracking recording as well. Really pleased with it, but then I should be at the price.

12. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Very fancy colour vinyl triple edition available and still in stock at Amazon.

PS CD here.

13. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Yeah sorry Tony, I always forget to link stuff, although I got mine direct from 4AD, I never thought to check Amazon for it.

14. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

It is I think really good. Very different to the previous two which I really liked as well. It’s more static and filled with a really nice melancholy. If Sleep Well Beast was the rage stage over his grief, this has moved on a little, not quite acceptance but sort of getting there. They’re certainly a band that challenge and provoke feelings.

15. maccar

maccar pfm Member

Really enjoying I Am Easy to Find and the inclusion of the female vocals adds another welcome dimension... tempted to say it's their best yet.

16. Netley

Netley pfm Member

Not sure yet - sounds a bit like an art project - hopefully a grower

17. Netley

Netley pfm Member

18. matt j

matt j pfm Member

19. Peter McDermott

Peter McDermott pfm Member

Listening to it now on headphones via Spotify. Got it on Saturday on CD so have heard it a few times. First thought it was a bit like the approach David Crosby took with some of his recent albums: add other singers to bring a bit of dynamism to his/the lead singer's voice.

20. Netley

Netley pfm Member

I might change my mind but i think the high-brow leanings of the Dessners have had a particular impact