1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ongoing UKIP PR Disaster Thread (Part II)

Discussion in 'off topic' started by stephen bennett, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Learned Professor The Paul Nuttalls is apparently no longer of The UKIPs (Independent).

HarryB likes this.
  2. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

And it says we've lost Coburn as well. He's been keeping a low profile, so how would we have known?

HarryB likes this.
  3. deanf

deanf pfm Member

HarryB likes this.
  4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I’m not sure that great side of bacon could keep a low profile. A complete fraud on European tax payers’ money- eating Chinese takeaways while his alleged “chief of staff”(you have to laugh at the description) was getting himself on the sex offender’s register during office hours.

The Indie article referred to Coburn as “the UKip Scottish Leader”- it’s just him, the only ever UKIP MEP who sneaked in on a list vote.

5. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

Just to clarify what Coburn has written, according to the BBC. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-46481637

6. TheDecameron

HarryB likes this.
  7. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

Article in the Guardian suggesting who Tommy's backers are (well, he IS the best known UKIPer now, isn't he?) https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/07/tommy-robinson-global-support-brexit-march

8. Still

Still beware of the duck

9. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

If true that is deeply worrying. Yaxley-Lennon clearly has traction already as can be seen from the vile scum that marches behind him at every opportunity. He is exceptionally dangerous IMHO and stands more chance of popularising the uniquely British black-shirt/NF/BNP style of fascism than anyone since Moseley. Given the all but inevitable post-Brexit slums, mass unemployment and gammon riots he may well have every opportunity to fan the flames too.

Any government with any sense should classify him as a terrorist and shut him right down at this point to save trouble later. He is potentially far more dangerous than his Abu Hamza equivalents as he potentially has a far larger audience. UKIP are clearly finished as a political party, I very much doubt they will win any seats no matter how useless and unfit for purpose Labour and Conservative are at present, but they are likely just starting on a far worse and far more dangerous trajectory.

10. TheDecameron

Tommy’s the fresh face of English fascism. The EDL, ‘Britain’ First and the Football Lads Alliance will all fall in behind his white supremacist welk stall.

11. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor pfm Member

Is his re-trial for contempt no longer happening?

12. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Knowing UKIP’s propensity for infelicitous timing, I’d expect it to recommence a day or so either side of his appointment.

13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I notice from the BBC’s daily platforming right-wing nutters strand (Politics Live) that ex-UKIP EU expenses trough-feeder and non-personality Patrick O’Flynn has quietly and somewhat inexplicably ended up in the SDP, which amazingly is still a thing (Wiki).

14. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

Batten denying everything of course, but .............. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-46921529
    Batten goes on to say that "I deplore the remarks made and these in no way represent the views of me, UKIP, or the overwhelming numbers of our membership.", so he's pretty much conceding that he knows UKIP contains members with these type of views.

15. TheDecameron

It’s only a matter of time before they kill again.

16. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

TheDecameron likes this.
  17. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

18. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

My fear is that a lot of the unthinking, who may desert the Tories or Labour over Brexit, will vote UKIP, assuming it to still be the party of Farage in his blokey phase, rather than the ‘respectable’ face of the BNP.

A vox pop from Doncaster on PM today interviewed several Labour members, at least one of whom announced she was doing exactly that, and I doubt she was remotely aware of the direction the party has taken.

19. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Unbelievable..... I think I've just had an encounter with the high priestess of gammon... I was in my local Lidl's just now and as I approached the end of the checkout I became aware that the old women in front of me appeared to be talking to herself... loudly... and then could here it... a barrage of abuse, delivered, well, just to the ether really, about immigrants, "lefties" N words etc. I nearly "lost it" and came close to giving her the the "Hairdryer-ing" of abuse from hell... only her age and the fact that she was clearly bat shit mad saved her:mad:

20. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

You don’t have a Waitrose?