1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

Discussion in 'off topic' started by lsinclair, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

That is one of the better attempts at classic cars IMO, instantly recognisable and captures most of the lines. The custom options are amusing too!

3. JonR

JonR Brainwashed Bloke

A set of zip-lock bags are exactly what I need. I'm re-building the crane - it's not a new set any more, and when I initially disassembled it all the parts went into different bags, which are starting to tear anyway with pieces falling out from time to time.

4. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Think it looks the business - I'll definitely be getting it at some point but it won't be for me. The Mrs loves the old Mustangs and is getting envious of me building my other kits so I gotta do the right thing and get it for her!

Crazy price: https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Creat...GT+2019&qid=1553784442&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr2

Guess it's because it's yet to be released. Should be cheaper later on in the year.

5. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

6. Heath

Heath pfm Member

It's been released - had one here for about a month. Mine came with a free Lego Mustang keyring and a 'My other car is a Mustang' bumper sticker. Silly price on Amazon is because it's temporarily out of stock on the Lego website. Not sure who would pay nearly double the price rather than wait a week or two.

Rack Kit likes this.
  7. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Ah, that's a relief - didn't think it was worth £200 TBH. Expected a similar price to the Saturn Apollo kit which was around £80.

8. seyles

seyles Retired Child

9. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

10. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

11. seyles

seyles Retired Child

I picked up the Steamboat Willie at a Lego store yesterday.

For the collectors, the early boxes have a mistake on them, they are numbered #24 in the ideas series but should be #25. Later boxes will be corrected; the store was full of #24 boxes.

12. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Thanks for the tip on that. I picked one up today from the Manchester Arndale store, they had a good bit of stock, all still #24 boxes. Annoyingly I didn’t have any points on my VIP card so paid full price (seems rather expensive at £79.99) but got a free easter toy which usually end up being worth £5-10 so all helps.

They had a built Steamboat Willie in the window and it looked good to me. I’ve seen a couple of sneering comments about this set (mainly folk not liking the monochrome, which I think is great!), but I really like the look of it. The ‘Ideas’ range is Lego’s best IMO, if I was starting off collecting for investment again I think I’d buy that series alone, just grab a couple of each as they are released.

I probably need to grab a Flintstones set, but I’ll look for discounts on that one.

13. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

You should have taken precautions. But in a public place, really. Serves you right.

14. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member