1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The runners' thread... (part II)

Discussion in 'off topic' started by PigletsDad, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

sean99 and windhoek like this.
  2. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

I saw that article yesterday and full Kudos to Hayley - she was finishing no matter what!

3. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Hmmm, I seem to have got myself a charity place on that Great North Run. Much excited!!

4. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Continuing to live vicariously through my youngest (17)...he lowered his 800 PB from 2:12 to 2:06 last night in first race of season at Longford Park.

lordsummit and sean99 like this.
  5. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

That's some going for 800m. It's years since I've run an 800m but it's a brutal distance.

I snuck in a new PB on a local cycling time trial (~8 hilly miles- 21:27) last Wednesday, and then got talked into Parkrun (friend just finished chemo wanted to run !) on Saturday (20:01) so it was a good week - legs need a few days off now.

windhoek and Weekender like this.
  6. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

10k trail race on Saturday. Slightly iffy calf so been cycling a bit instead. Will try a gentle jog tomorrow evening.

7. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Training is tough...they're not impressed by the sprinters.

8. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Good luck - hope the weather is kind (shudders at childhood memories of gym shoes forever lost in knee deep mud during cross country).

9. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Think the pathways are quite easy, the inclines look a bit more tricky!! I think my friend is trying to break me.

10. egodissolve

egodissolve ....you're telling me Unicorns aren't real!

Annual Market Drayton 10k this Sunday. Riddled with injuries all over my old tied limbs, it will be touch and go to whether I will make it or not, it will come down to a test run on Friday as I haven't been able to run,let alone walk, since last Friday. Maybe a weeks rest will work its wonders.

sean99 and windhoek like this.
  11. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

12. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

Bit of a plod around the park tonight, apart from Park run on Saturday with my girls, I've hardly run since my ribs came second in a clash with an off piste, Norwegian fir tree in early April. Time to get back into it!

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    lordsummit and windhoek like this.
  13. egodissolve

JTC, windhoek and lordsummit like this.
  14. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

You’ll do it!!

My ‘relatively easy’ trail 10k was bloody hard!! 200m of ascent. Really enjoyed it and came out with a proper pb not a training one. 1:02:54. Really pleased with that. The sub one hour 10k chase begins.

Next up is this:

https://www.madbullevents.com/race-the-train-bury-to-rawtenstall

Not a chance I’ll beat it, but it’ll be good fun I hope !

15. egodissolve

I am overjoyed, well totally elated if I am to be honest.
    54:18 which I think is a personal best. Wierd, I just went into it with no expectations thinking I wouldn't even finish! :)
    Thanks lordy and Derek for your support, it was greatly appreciated and I can't tell you how much it helped me today. Thanks guys.

JTC, lordsummit, sean99 and 2 others like this.
  16. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

Fantastic result... and to think you thought there was a chance you might not even finish lol :)

JTC, lordsummit and egodissolve like this.
  17. robs

robs pfm Member

Great result egodissolve!
    And Lordy too!

I've been resting up a bit recently, resting a knee that has been playing up a little for weeks. Think I overextended it getting up from my desk, and felt like it was going to give way whenever I put weight on it. Ended up worried enough to visit a physio, who didnt really know what it was and advised to keep exercing if it didn't hurt. So have been out for three 8 milers this week (hence almost doubling my mileage YTD!), and feeling good for it, thankfully.
    Parkrun beckons next week.

JTC and egodissolve like this.
  18. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Hi all. Not been here much lately. Training for the Windermere marathon next weekend. Hoping it all comes together on the day; training has gone quite positively for once, so it’s about high time I had a properly good race!

19. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Good results ego and Lordy. The race-the-train event looks like fun. I expect it will be a bit like this

egodissolve and lordsummit like this.
  20. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member