1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tenth Anniversary Wam show . March the 18th 2018

Discussion in 'audio' started by Duvet, Nov 16, 2017.

1. i.j.russell

i.j.russell pfm Member

I'm in room 110 and am aiming to bring as much DIY kit as I can fit in my Fiesta. There will definitely be a pair of Aleph 60 Class A monoblocks and a cute pair of mini-monitors with external crossovers. I will be able to play CDs and hopefully music from USB via a Raspberry Pi streamer. I'm happy to play any music that you bring on CD/USB (FLAC).
    RaphaelSamad and hifinutt like this.
  2. RaphaelSamad

RaphaelSamad pfm Member

Garrard 30-1 with Koetsu into a Paradise and a Linn CD12 - and Avondale amps and speakers. I have had a pair of amps built from an Avondale kit before and they were superb. With the Avondale speakers (very interesting!), that is some room, neighbour! See you there.
    divedeepdog likes this.
  3. audioflyer

audioflyer No going back once you heard a ceramic cartridge

I’m in room 1, please pop in and have a listen i’ll be happy to play any CD’s or LP’s you bring.

I’ll be bringing a LP12 Majik Lingo 1 Ittok II fitted with a Philips GP390 ceramic cartridge and a Phonosophie No.3 with Rega RB600 also fitted with a Philips GP390 ceramic cartridge.

Phonostage will be a High Octane Riaa Phonostage a project from diyaudio.

For amplification a modified Quad 22 and a pair of diy inspired NAP160 mono blocks feeding a pair of JBL L40 speakers.

CD duties will be a modified Marantz CD63 Ki mkII Signature.
    RaphaelSamad likes this.
  4. jules68leo

jules68leo pfm Member

Hi there everyone, is it possible to buy tickets on the door as a couple of friends are going and they seem to think you can.
    My dad and I and possibly another friend maybe wanting to go.
    I'm not a member of HifiWigwam and do not like Google+ or Facebook and it says if you want to register this is the way to do it am i correct in thinking this.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks in advance
  5. i.j.russell

i.j.russell pfm Member

6. jules68leo

jules68leo pfm Member

7. Duvet

Duvet Idiot

You can book online using https://thehifishow.com/product/fast-track-etickets/ or if you prefer to pay on the door that is fine also . I would recommend the e track facility but please print your reference so we can cross reference and let you in easily .
  8. brumjam

brumjam pfm Member

I’ll be in room 218 using mainly DIY gear, including a DDDAC, DHT preamp and a VFET power amp. Arendal monitors.
    RaphaelSamad likes this.
  9. mickyricky

mickyricky pfm Member

Thanks for the kind quotes! Mark and I are looking forward displaying our kit. (No smut please )
    We are in Room 4 ! A quick update! the amps are Avondale Voyager Mono-blocks along with Revolation Speakers and a grand selection of tunes to be heard...pop in ! have a listen ! bring your music ! we’ll play it ..
    There are some interesting variations of turntables on show all round us on the ground floor as well as In other rooms above us..
    Not forgetting CD players ,Dacs ,Streamers and lots of other Hifi that will be on show ..
    Visit them all !!
    Well done to all exhibitors! Enjoy the day or two ! We will be spinning Saturday after setting up and a bite to eat ....
    See you all there .
    Best Wishes M & M
    divedeepdog and RaphaelSamad like this.
  10. mickyricky

mickyricky pfm Member

Forgot to mention the Reel 2 Reel room on the Second floor room 208.. This is exhibited by The Reel BBC in memory of Stuart (Lodgesound) who sadly passed away not too long ago ..Stuart always managed to steal the show at Scalford with his music selection and I’m certain the show in this room will be equally as good ...
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    crimsondonkey likes this.
  11. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

All things being equal I’ll be there.
    mickyricky likes this.
  12. F1eng

F1eng pfm Member

I'll be there staying over Saturday night. Hope the forecast snow over night isn't bad.
  13. canonman

canonman Mirror slapper

I hope so. Stuart was indeed a lovely guy. I only met him once when he collected some Digibeta VCR's that he bought but we shared enthusiasm for Nagra T's and Studers.
  14. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

To be honest, I think the pre-party thing that had evolved on a Sat night has past, at least in the way that once existed. I’ll be there on Sunday though....
  15. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

I hope not, it's the main reason I go!
    F1eng likes this.
  16. Duvet

Duvet Idiot

Fear not judging by the talk over on the wam i think aspirin will be the the biggest selling accessory at the show :)
    F1eng and orangeart like this.
  17. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

Duvet, love your Avatar!
    Shame I can't be there this year, have a good one and I hope it's a success.
  18. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

I used to love the pre-day get together that happened every sat night before the show - lots of beer, chat, wander round some rooms - all good :). It seems to be a bit ‘organised’ now though and that never was the case. Anyway, I’m not boycotting the Sat night I’m just working late Sat afternoon and can’t raise the energy to do it this time. I’ll be there on the Sunday though with a couple of friends :).
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    mickyricky likes this.
  19. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

I still had a good time last year on Saturday night, although maybe there was a bit less traffic. Looking forward to helping my mate out this year as I did last year. My enforced absence from exhibiting has actually been quite nice, being a visitor is completely different. I haven't even packed a soldering iron!
  20. Kendun

Kendun pfm Member

@Duvet , How come no tickets available for fast track? Is payment on the day/at the door the only option now?