1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tory leadership race- that’s quite a bestiary there.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Ken, Look at the numbers in parliament. It’s not personal. I’m on about the 3 years since the referendum.

2. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

I'm quite convinced those "hard-remainers" have a rather concrete foundation of uncertainty from which to drag us down.

3. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

That’s quite an example of knight’s move thinking- “do I hate the English”?
    It’s also an illustration of what’s going on inside your head that you work very hard to keep covered but will peek out now and again.

ff1d1l likes this.
  4. andrewd

andrewd pfm Member

Absolute gold, love it! Waiting in anticipation for the laptop browsing history to be published.

jackbarron likes this.
  5. Brian

You just revealed your next angle.

Hugh, The reason you are so supportive of Scotland leaving the UK without a plan, why you are so keen to inflict massive damage to the economy in Scotland ( obviously you’re insulated ) is worth clearing up.

You repeatedy inform others I voted to leave the EU despite not knowing how I voted. Don’t complain that I ask a perfectly justifiable question of you, given you have confirmed you are a nationalist.

6. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

You don’t need to. You spent plenty of time telling us how you were going to vote and then went quiet for well over two years.

7. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

I’m sorry Brian but, as expressed here, that makes no sense. If you support the outcome of the referendum, you can’t support Remain. So by your definition, all Remainers are hard remainers.

ff1d1l and jackbarron like this.
  8. Brian

Morning,

Yet more focus on me. :rolleyes:

No, I did not tell you (or "us" as you need to feel part of the gang) how I was going to vote. If you also do a search of my posting history you will find what actually happened was I participated in a "discussion" where I presented an opinion of both negatives and positives of EU membership.

What is the relevance of me not posting here for awhile? Are you planning to insist I inform you why that was as well?

You do realise your behaviour is of a bullying nature?

9. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

I must have pushed this under his nose 20 times. He just does a Donald, ignores it and carries on. Someone else did, however, show me a link to a plan. But check it out. It's garbage. And even if it was not, we have now seen it it must be impossible to nail a plan for something like this.

Brian likes this.
  10. TheDecameron

I’m actually the third horseman of the apocalypse. I know it’s very difficult for you to stay with the consequences of what happened on 23 June 2016 but you should embrace it and learn to adapt to the new reality. If Johnson is elected he has pledged to deliver what you and at least one other (admittedly showing buyer’s remorse) Brexit voter here asked for- to leave the EU. This year.

11. Brian

Just to remind you I’m not the crazed nationalist.

12. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

It may have been me. Here it is.

It may not be the best of plans, but it's more than the Brexit Leave Campaigns had. Leave voters voted to leave the EU without a plan of any kind.

Stephen

ks.234 likes this.
  13. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

As this unfolds many more people may become cagey over which way they voted. Boris's plans to enrich the already well off with tax breaks on the back of more austerity for little people will have a few more developing convenient amnesia. The thrill of a successful 'sticking it up' the elites by helping them stuff their trough eh?

I know. How about now that they can see a few facts - perhaps give people the chance to decide whether it looks like what they thought they were buying. Then if they want it - fine. Nobody can complain they didn't see it in action.

14. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Predictably when asked about the justification of giving tax breaks to the already wealthy Johnson changed his tack to say it was an aspiration rather than firm policy. How anyone is deceived by this man is beyond me.

stephen bennett likes this.
  15. TheDecameron

A Conservative Party running for its life from an ethnic nationalist organisation called “The Brexit Party” will do what it has to do to survive, especially when its now become clear that the membership which will elect the next Prime Minister, is infiltrated with UKIP/BP and far right voters- on the instructions of Banks, Tice and Farage.

16. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

This.

Leave voters voted Leave in the belief that somehow we’d be better off out of the EU. We’re still waiting for a jot, a scintilla, of credible evidence of exactly how we’ll be better off.

Take back control? We’ve got it and parliament is now paralysed.

Immigration? Got it. EU immigration, down; immigration overall, up

Prosperity? Out of the EU we’ll have loads of fantastic new trade deals. Ha! To get anything more fantastic than a deal with the Faroe Islands, the NHS will have to be ‘on the table’

How will we be better off?

How?

Nick_G, kendo, ff1d1l and 2 others like this.
  17. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

There was a guy on the radio today whose small firm supplies the parts that supply the parts for the like of Jaguar.

He was saying that the Brexit uncertainty has hit his firm badly and that, if we leave without a deal ("politicians wouldn't be that stupid"), he will have to move his firm out of the UK into the EU.

I'd love some leave voters to look him in the eye and explain to him why it was important for this to happen to him, his family and the workers at his company.

Stephen

sean99 likes this.
  18. TheDecameron

Oh, but we didn’t know!
    Aye, well you know now.

19. billo

billo pfm Member

You are Boris, and I claim my £5

20. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Rather than select someone inoffensive (largely through a complete paucity of any such people) and allow Corbyn at least the chance to defeat himself. The Tories are selecting the only candidate whose own deficiencies and dishonesty could lose it. He's toxic in Scotland and many other parts of the UK and that's without opening his mouth again. No wonder Ruth Davidson is looking pretty glum, she knows they will be wiped out up there and they won't win a majority.

Covkxw likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.