1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Wam/Kegworth HIFI show 2020

Discussion in 'audio' started by linnfomaniac83, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Can you buy tickets on the day?

I think they need to improve their marketing. It's difficult to find any information about the show on their main website, and the banner at the top displays details of the 2019 show. A casual look would have made me think it's not on this year.

2. narabdela

narabdela who?

I had difficulty trying to find out how to buy a ticket last year. Their website seems to be horribly counter-intuitive since it was re-designed: one of the main reasons why I'm a very infrequent visitor these days. :(

3. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

why not just pay on the door,

4. Duvet

Duvet Idiot

Last year it was cash only on the day . The updates in the last two years have always been late pre the show but if attendance numbers are to improve then a decent heads up is sort of key .

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  5. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

Indeed, hence the reason I started this thread. I was genuinely concerned that the show had been cancelled.

6. BigBlue2020

BigBlue2020 Active Member

Thanks very helpful and all sounds great - where can you buy tickets ?

7. narabdela

narabdela who?

Doubtful, unless a finger is removed from, or a rocket inserted into, the appropriate orifice of whoever's responsible.

8. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

No one knows where to buy them, or even if they can be bought.

If the show was twelve months off I could understand the details not being released, but with less than two months to go - and with the exhibitors known - I'd have expected some details by now.

9. Tray

Tray pfm Member

Members and the Managment normally start bigging up the show months in advance on the Wam forum.
    They have so many options and the Linn forum on there now it's a lot to read.

10. bencat

bencat pfm Member

As I mentioned all these details and pre show information is in the hands of the WigWam owner . Others on the forum have posted and sent messages but as yet no responce. Tickets last year were able to be bought in advance from the Wam Show page . On the day if it is like last year then it will be cash only at the entrance .

I promise that as soon as I see any details when the show page goes up or any details on tickets are given will post the same here but this is not in my hands and i can only react when things start to be put in place.

I agree with the comments that early information and details would be great and enable advance ticket sales but this is not in my hands or even any of the Mods on the Wam . We all have to wait but will post when I know something.

linnfomaniac83 and jackbarron like this.
  11. oldius

oldius Woolly soundstage.

12. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

But for anyone who'd only heard of the event it's more difficult to find hard details such as where it's at, and how to pay for entry, than it ought to be. There shouldn't be a need to search user threads to find that kind of information. As something that, I assume, makes money for the Wam owners I think it would be in their interests to advertise it better.

oldius and narabdela like this.
  13. i.j.russell

i.j.russell pfm Member

There is a dedicated site but it hasn't been updated yet. When it is, there will be a banner at the top of the page to easily access it. Whilst I agree that the show probably does make some profit, there is an incredible amount of work needed to run something like the Wam Show.

The site for last years show didn't go live until February 13th 2019.

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  14. tyrant

tyrant pfm Member

It's ludicrous how poorly the information about the show is managed. There was someone in Ireland who posted on the show thread about coming over to see it, didn't realise it was on Sunday, and bought non-refundable plane tickets for the Saturday, which is for setting up. Perfectly understandable mistake for someone who has never been to the show as everything on the website leads you to believe it's run over the two days.

narabdela likes this.
  15. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

My original assumption was that it was over two days as the that's what's mentioned for the 2019 show and also in the title of the thread for this year's. I've booked a room for Sunday night at the Best Western nearby as I need to be in Leicester on Monday morning and it's not too far away.

16. Duvet

Duvet Idiot

Shows are a communal effort but there always has to be a focal point as in when James did them and he ultimately said yay or nay . I know the wammers and other forum members are chomping at the bit and trying to make headway here so a release can be made asap

17. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Do you really think so? I thought it pretty clear that the Saturday is for setting up and the actual show is on the Sunday.

18. tyrant

tyrant pfm Member

The show is brilliant, and it's incredible the non-trade wammers who put in all that effort to pack up their gear, schlep it over to the venue, set it up and exhibit basically for the fun of it. However, the owners or mods on the website could make things a little bit clearer now just by clarifying for example wherever the dates appear that the Sat is for setting up and the Sun is open to the plebs.

19. tyrant

tyrant pfm Member

Obviously wasn't clear to the chappie in Ireland who bought a one day return plane ticket, and he even posted on the thread before buying his plane tix.

20. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Well, every one of the the shows, so far, has been on a Sunday.
    ————-
    I don’t know this particular case but some things remain opaque to some people no matter what info is provided.