1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Wam/Kegworth HIFI show 2020

Discussion in 'audio' started by linnfomaniac83, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

Looks like I'm in room 205, with Yamaha, Vestax and Goodmans.

sunbeamgls likes this.
  2. 9designs

9designs pfm Member

Pleased to see you have Doug MacLeod there, everyone should make sure he’s in their play list, from the reference recording series. Recorded live, great music, superb recording on vinyl and CD.
    Your list is very long, looking forward to hear further proof Linn Space and Exakt is the way forward

orangeart likes this.
  3. sunbeamgls

sunbeamgls pfm Member

Don't forget to ask for some MacLeod when you visit the room :)

4. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

Very much looking forward to hearing that!

5. S-Man

S-Man Kinkless Tetrode Admirer

Isn't it traditional for you to have a room about 4ft wide?

6. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

:D:D

That only happened once, to be fair. Still, if it does happen again then at least I’ve got small speakers this time rather than Beovox MS150s!

7. narabdela

narabdela who?

I remember it well! It was more like a linen cupboard than a bedroom. :D

8. linnfomaniac83

There is a room like that at Kegworth, there was a guy there last year who carried three systems in one suitcase in said room... he had some decent sounds for such a tiny space!

9. Ward

Ward Active Member

In case it hasn't got across to everyone yet, the unfortunate decision has been made to postpone the HiFi Wigwam show at Kegworth for the coming weekend
    https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/140328-wam-show-postponed/
    I for one will be very disappointed as have also arranged to drive past Kegworth from Dorset to audition some new speakers
    Still a brave and wise decision in the current circumstances.

10. maverick20

maverick20 Active Member

sad indeed but with so many people having elderly relatives in poor health a good call

narabdela likes this.
  11. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Thanks for the info. If feels like the right thing to do. It's a pity as I'd never been before and was looking forward to it.

By coincidence I cancelled my hotel room at the nearby Best Western this morning. I was reading the other day that the organisers of the Cranage show will be reviewing the situation nearer June.

12. linnfomaniac83

That’s a real shame but also understandable, when it does go ahead, I’ll be there!