1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The World Cup In Russia 2018

Discussion in 'off topic' started by jackbarron, Jun 13, 2018.

1. BJP

BJP pfm Member

Is that a penalty :( , bloody VAR .

2. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

never a penalty, nor a free kick for the first.... you'd think the game was bent or something?

3. christray

christray pfm Member

No free kick, and a dodgy penalty. Shame if a world cup is decided by a piss poor referring decision and a cheat. The way the game is these days unfortunately. Hopefully the better side so far will come through.

DAVEDWACK likes this.
  4. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

I thought it was a penalty, but I would still prefer Crotia to nick it.

Bloss

anubisgrau likes this.
  5. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

It may have been a Cup of set pieces but the BBC goal of the tournament comp. has some excellent goals.
    Griezmann has conned the ref for the free kick and the penalty looked too close to call when they are meant to be 100% sure.

6. calorgas

calorgas pfm Member

Yes, never a penalty in my world and Griezman dived to earn the free kick for the first France goal.

jackbarron likes this.
  7. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

Maybe the most difficult penalty decision I have seen. He did move his had to the ball, but was it deliberate, only the player will know. I would not have given the penalty since the player behind was also a Croatian. Cracking game, hope Croatia can at least equalise.

8. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Pussy Riot on the pitch?

9. BJP

BJP pfm Member

Forgot Pogba was on the pitch

10. christray

christray pfm Member

No justice in football I'm afraid to say.

11. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Interesting scoreline. It could easily have been the other way round.

12. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

Was just about to say we've not seen much from France to suggest England didn't have a chance against them, but they've just got a third. Harsh on Croatia. They're in trouble now.

13. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Not the Pogba we see at MU, what are the chances of him not coming back post WC?

14. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Oh dear. Switching off now.

15. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Croatia don't deserve this.

16. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

17. BJP

BJP pfm Member

Ha ! I was always scared of Pickford doing that .

calorgas likes this.
  18. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

What!

They’d have hammered England.

19. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

France did a good job of killing off the final 15 minutes. Thinking ahead 4 years, it’s scary to think that France just won with the second youngest team at the WC.

20. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

Said right at the beginning of all this, if we have a quality tournament & final to match I would be happy, well :):)

Have a feeling, in years to come, when the highlights are shown of this tournament, it could well go down as one of the best, great goals, drama, excitement, had it in spades, happy bunny.

Back to normality, how dull :(

Rana and Weekender like this.