1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

This Jeffrey Epstein thing...

Discussion in 'off topic' started by ff1d1l, Aug 10, 2019.

1. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

? WTF?

2. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

Where does it hurt, ff1d1l ?

3. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Like I'd tell you...

4. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

Okay. Tell others then.

5. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

The more correct term for what she is alleged to have done, is ‘trafficking’ which is indeed a crime, and rightly a very serious one.

ks.234 likes this.
  6. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

...especially when under-age girls are involved. i suspect and hope paul truly doesn't know the details and even missed the "lolita express" headlines.

7. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

8. Minio

Minio pfm Member

Two very different career paths.
    One goes down.
    One goes up.

9. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

Peter Nygard Is the Latest Multimillionaire With a Gated Island Estate to Whom Things Seem to Have Caught Up
    The Canadian fashion executive said he would step down as chairman of Nygard International on Tuesday after becoming the target of the most high-profile sex trafficking probe since Jeffrey Epstein.

"The lawsuit has invited natural comparisons to the Jeffrey Epstein case, given Nygard’s outlandish lifestyle, private-island parties, avowed pursuit of models, alleged relationships with underage women, and connections. The first President Bush was a friend of his; Oprah Winfrey and Robert De Niro have reportedly visited Nygard’s residence in the Bahamas; and in 2000, noted Epstein friend Prince Andrew paid a visit too."

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/02/peter-nygard-resignation

10. Minio

Minio pfm Member

Maitlis is an excellent and skilled top notch presenter.

Prince Andrew is not, but gets the press he deserves.

vuk likes this.
  11. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

When I read stuff like the above (about Nygard) I thank fate that I do not move in those circles. It all seems so silly, banal, and tedious. What also struck me in the VF article is all these women claiming they were "lured" to his place in the Bahamas. As if they had not the remotest idea of what they were being "lured" for? There are so many women available for rent that I doubt any complex plots were hatched to "lure." I know Vuk will say I am naive or amoral or both, please don't attack me too brutally.

12. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

Just done some Googling and have taken a dislike to this guy. He is only worth 800 million dollars, which is nothing by rich-guy standards, the very low-middle bungalow class among the rich. Listed as the 80th richest Canadian, ha!. He can't afford a decent yacht, or his own island, and is in a legal squabble with the guy who owns the neighbouring house, over a driveway! What could be more squalid? My wife has examined the clothes he makes and says they are cheap crap. And I'm sure the "topless statues of former girlfriends" are not marble, but made of fibreglass at best, or painted polystyrene.

13. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

paul.

we don't know all the details but, as dodgy as the FBI can be when something is political, i find it unlikely that they got duped into raiding the business. also, when underage girls are involved, whatever the nature of the "lure" was, it does not remove the criminality.

finally, according to moral deduction from fashion choices, i present you with this nail in the coffin:

[​IMG]

all that said, the reason i posted was because of the connection to prince andrew, adding to the massive pile of things we are supposed to chalk up to coincidence or something like that.

14. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

Yes, have to agree about his sartorial tastes. The gold chains! I envy his teeth, though.

15. dweezil

dweezil pfm Member

Ha ha, now we know why he had to pay for it!

16. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

you'd think a "fashion mogul" would have the keen eye not to be 40 years late to catch on to a trend or repeat well-know mistakes...

[​IMG]