1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Trafomatic, Red Wine Audio etc

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by roy, Oct 13, 2019.

1. roy

roy pfm Member

My friend and I, members of the frequent, box-swapping fraternity, are having a further clear out of kit. I have limited IT skills, but I can send photographs to anyone PM’ing me their email address.
    1. Trafomatic Experience Two Integrated Valve Amplifier- 8 wpc of single-ended triode power from a pair of JJ Tesla 300B valves. Super sound and build quality. I have heard it driving Living Voice, Heco and Graham Audio Speakers in a medium size room with no difficulty. Mint condition. It comes with a double box and individual valve boxes. £1100.
    2. Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2 LFPV Integrated Amplifier- 30 wpc, which can be run from a battery supply or from the mains. Digital volume control. JJ Tesla E83CC valve in the input stage. I have tube rolled and inserted a vintage Amperex Bugle Boy for improved sound. Mint condition. Really nice build and sound quality. Comes with battery charger, remote control, manual and box. £850.
    3. Musical Surroundings Phonomena Phono Stage. MM and MC inputs. There are six load impedances and four gain settings, which means that there are over 2000 set-up permutations. Substantial Linear power supply included, which makes a mockery of the normal wall wart supply. Rave reviews in Stereophile, Absolute Sound and Stereo Times. About $1400 in USA.
    Nice sound quality. Mint condition. £330.
    4. Chord Clearway Analogue Interconnects. 1m pair. Brand new and sealed in an unopened box. Cost new £100. Well reviewed in HiFi World and What HiFi. Unwanted gift. £55.
    5. A 6m pair of single wired speaker cables. There is no brand name on the cable and the supplying dealer cannot remember! The sound quality is on a par with cable at around £10 per metre. Mint condition. £20.
    Demo, tea/coffee, cash/bank transfer and collection preferred. I am happy to send all items by insured courier if necessary.
    Many Thanks

2. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

3. eastone

eastone pfm Member

I bet that RWA integrated sounds good. Rare too!

4. roy

roy pfm Member

I am reliably informed that the Trafomatic is a Mk 1 version. Photographs of all the kit are on an auction site and other websites.

5. roy

roy pfm Member

The two sets of cables are sold. The Trafomatic, Red Wine Audio and Musical Surroundings amps are still available. On further inspection, the MS amp is in VGC 8/10, not mint.

6. roy

roy pfm Member

Trafomatic now £1050.
    Red Wine Audio now £800.
    Musical Surroundings now £300.

7. jamington2004

jamington2004 pfm Member

Used to have the phono stage - really nice well built unit
    If I remember rightly it’s battery operated so you can unplug from the wall and use the rechargeable battery inside?