1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Train prices Rip Off (again)

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Minio, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Have you never flown?
    Gone by Eurostar?

It’s how all the travel industry works.

And anyway I’m not booking weeks in advance to get a reasonable price, I’m booking weeks in advance to get an incredible bargain.

Spike likes this.
  2. Spike

Spike pfm Member

I’m with you on this Bob. Frequently buy First Class tickets from Alnmouth to London Kings Cross. The price of an advanced return is often less than £100 including a meal and lots of Gin and Tonics. Bargain as far as I’m concerned.

3. Colinb

Colinb pfm Member

I always check split ticketing first as it sometimes works out a lot cheaper.

bigjonny likes this.
  4. bigjonny

bigjonny pfm Member

I saved about £20 on my fares to Lincoln for the match last night, buying four advance singles.

5. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

I noticed on a trip to devon recently the single price was the same as a return on that day . you do have to be very careful .

6. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

7. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

My good lady just done that and saved a few bob , worth trying