1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trans-Pacific Trade Partnership.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by auric, Jun 2, 2015.

1. auric

auric pfm Member

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Good on WL. This one does certainly need proper scruitiny and IMO no government has the right to accept it without that detail being made public down to the smallest of small print. It speaks volumes about the people that seek office that this kind of thing takes place behind closed doors and well away from the electorate whom it clearly impacts. It greatly disappoints me that our governments are so corrupt and rotten to the core that we need people such as the many behind WikiLeaks, Edward Snowden, Bradley Manning etc to protect us via whistle-blowing.

3. Steven Toy

Steven Toy L3 Toy

Plus one.

4. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

I think they tried to get something similar through in the 90s and there was such an outcry it was blocked. I cannot remember what the leaked document was for, maybe GATT. The implications of this are really quite terrifying, especially as our politicians are so venal and lobbyists are so powerful.

5. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

Any government who allows this will be overthrown by the people...

6. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Yeah right...
    I've signed dozens of petitions and I think I've raised it here a couple of times as have others. But most of the public haven't even heard of it.

Very dangerous stuff when corporations can trump govts.

Mull

7. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

I don't think the majority of the people of the UK really give a f***. Unless they are getting ready to bow or curtsey to The Queen, they are in a state of terminal distraction.

Jack

8. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Oh.. hang on.. 'Trans Pacific?'

Is that different to the TTIP?
    I'm getting confused now....

9. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

Essentially it's the same deal as was done allowing corporations to sue governments if they don;t like legislation that is passed. I am told Cameron is trying to push for a "relaxation" of American banking laws so they can be as corrupt as ours are. Cameron apparently lobbied the Yanks not to prosecute Stephen Green for laundering 1.5 billion bucks worth of Mexican drug cartel money and a fellow of Green's from HSBC has been dumped on the BBC as chair of the Board of Trustees. Another has been fast tracked into the Lords with what is considered "undue haste". Makes it kind of rich that Cameron should be spouting about Blatter when chances are under our banking system, the corruption would never have been unearthed and if it was nothing we be done about it.

10. clifftaylor

clifftaylor Probably retired!

Hi everybody:

Has the UK moved to the far side of the world recently?

11. auric

auric pfm Member

12. auric

auric pfm Member

13. maxflinn

maxflinn pfm Member

14. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

Big public demo in Glasgows George Sq and at least 2 councils have said to Edinburgh no way don't agree to this

10000 people plus i think it was organised via the World Development Movement which like everything else top has rebranded itself to Global justice movement