1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

TRON Atlantic Preamplifier

Discussion in 'trade discussion' started by G T Audio, May 14, 2020.

1. G T Audio

G T Audio Trade: Manufacturer and Distributor

I am pleased to announce the launch of the new TRON Atlantic valve Preamplifier. Its been 2 years in the making but well worth it as the audio performance is absolutely amazing. There are three versions available starting at £3500, plus there is a remote control option.
    The Atlantic is built in the UK by hand using only UK companies and Suppliers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Specification:
    Inputs: 4 RCA Line inputs (L & R)
    Outputs: 2 RCA main output (L & R) & 1 RCA tape output (L & R)
    Valve Complement: 2 × 5814/ECC82/12AU7 (low noise)
    Frequency Response: 5Hz–37.5kHz ± 3dB
    Gain: 18dB
    Output Impedance: <1000 Ohms
    Mains Supply: 115–240 volts AC (50–60Hz). Earth lift included
    Power Consumption: Nominal 15 watts
    Dimensions (mm): 400mm (w) × 250mm (d) x 95mm (h) including feet
    Weight: 10kg (net)
    Warranty: 2 years (parts and labour)
    Remote control: option available

Three versions will be available (Deluxe, Reference and Signature) with upgrade paths to each model.

matt j, Ruairi, Rosewind and 8 others like this.
  2. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

Whats will be the difference between the 3 models? both spec and price?

3. andy831

andy831 pfm Member

impressive and rather lovely!!!

G T Audio likes this.
  4. topoxforddoc

topoxforddoc pfm Member

That looks stunning.

G T Audio likes this.
  5. Old Valve Git

Old Valve Git pfm Member

Great stuff GT, best of luck. Have rarely seen your stuff, but when I have, I always think the fit and finish really is top drawer.

G T Audio likes this.
  6. Nagraboy

Nagraboy pfm Member

Can we see a pic with the lid off please Graham? I’m sure it looks superbly made inside as usual.

topoxforddoc likes this.
  7. lost audiophile

lost audiophile pfm Member

Not sure I would if there's a chance it may be reverse engineered...

8. G T Audio

It is very nicely done inside and I am extremely pleased with the outcome. The finish on the outside is the same inside and being as it is an all machined chassis everything fits like a glove. The one in the photos went to its new owner today and he was over the moon with it. If it wasn't for the pandemic I would get some professional photos done as it looks a whole load better in the flesh then in these pictures that were taken in my listening studio.

9. topoxforddoc

topoxforddoc pfm Member

How neat and tidy is that casework! No visible screws on any of the faces (other than the IEC socket on the back) -lovely machining with the logo

G T Audio likes this.
  10. G T Audio

Here are a few differences between the models, not all differences are mentioned.
    Deluxe: Dual mono choke power supply, Selected valves for low noise and good channel balance. 99.999% pure OFC signal wiring. Relay operated selector switch for a very short signal path. Dual mains transformers.
    Reference: Deluxe plus all signal resistors and capacitors upgraded to very high-quality types not found in other makes. Upgraded power supply including a special mains transformer.
    Signature: Reference plus a 48-position stepped attenuator for perfect channel balance, Pure silver internal signal wiring, Custom made coupling capacitors and a special ultra-low impedance high current delivery power supply.

Prices of the Reference and Signature models to be announced soon.

nmtjb, jackbarron and Cereal Killer like this.
  11. G T Audio

Thanks Charlie and everything done by UK companies and suppliers. I am really proud of that.

Fretbuzz, topoxforddoc, nmtjb and 2 others like this.
  12. topoxforddoc

topoxforddoc pfm Member

Bet you it does look just top drawer inside, like everything made by GT.

G T Audio, nmtjb and hifinutt like this.
  13. badger748

badger748 pfm Member

Looking fwd to seeing and hearing this at Chez GT. Looks bomb proof build quality with your usual OCD on the internals!

G T Audio likes this.
  14. G T Audio

Cheers Lee, can't wait. You'll also get chance to hear the new Atlantic DAC too...

15. scotty38

scotty38 pfm Member

Looks stunning...

G T Audio likes this.