1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 14

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Yank, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  2. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Every time Trump says he's a smart fella, I think of that scene from The Family Guy.

Joe

3. merlin

merlin Avatar changed - Town names deemed offensive.

TRUMP (British slang term)

“Verb. To break wind from the anus, to 'fart'. E.g."There's a disgusting smell in here. Has someone trumped?"

Noun.

1. An act of breaking wind.

2. The resulting smell of having broke wind from the anus”

4. Joe P

[​IMG]

Joe

Colin L, Rob998 and merlin like this.
  5. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

Joe - we know that's entirely made-up; the reported speech is too literate for therealdonaldtrump.

Fake cartoon!

Joe P likes this.
  6. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Some prominent lawyers think that Trump cannot pardon himself.

https://nyti.ms/2xKEIRk

Over the coming years I think we'll find out if the US is a nation of laws or a powerful banana republic.

7. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

A Republic of powerful bananas? Intriguing possibility; quite likely, on present showing.

8. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

joe.

i know the new york post kim kardashian cover is a hard act to follow, but that modern world issue doesn't even come close. not one of his better efforts.

9. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

Love how they've got the tanning goggle rings around his piggy eyes.

10. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The only error is the size of his hands in frame 4. Trump hands not bigly.

11. Joe P

Vuk,

I'm not sure I agree, but this comic has nailed — in order — Fox and Accomplices, Trump, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, and Sean Insanity.

[​IMG]

Joe

merlin and Rob998 like this.
  12. Joe P

Rob,

Not to mention the looooooooooog red tie.

Joe

Rob998 likes this.
  13. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

the problem with attempting trump humour is that the reality is so comical and absurd to begin with, you don't really have many places to go. "modern world" guy is layering a touch or two of hyperbole on real hyperbole. that isn't really funny -- at least not to me. that's why the NY post is set to win the prize right now. although crass, they were very clever and subtle.

p.s. the tanning eye protector is brilliant, but not enough -- actually would have been enough if that was the main gag.

14. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

Melania lives! Rumours she was tied to a radiator in his basement can now happily be discounted.

15. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

The Twilight Zone,
    [​IMG]

16. merlin

It's worth remembering that in the thirties, Adolf Hitler was referred to by American journalists like this...

If you look back to the very beginning of Hitler's rhetoric about Jews for instance, it was all there -- the talk about extermination and vermin. He didn't spell out exactly what would happen in the Holocaust, but he gave a pretty good indication of its overall thrust. When dictators and demagogues assume power and start proclamations, it's historically been a natural reaction to say "Oh, that's just a figure of speech. They don't really mean it. It's just a way to whip up supporters." - whilst at the same time portraying the man responsible as a clown.

At a certain point however, people began to witness things that were unbelievably horrifying. I rather hope we don't get that far but with Americans like Nathan Larson feeling empowered to run for Congress, my feeling is that these are genuinely hopes rather than expectations.

17. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

[​IMG]

18. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

19. merlin

Some things simply will never change. Democracy is a broken system.

20. merlin

In all seriousness, if Saturday Night Live had done a sketch featuring that, it would have had the audience in stitches.

I also note he's not commuted any black man's sentence yet. Indeed, has he yet to meet a black man?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.