1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 14

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Yank, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I wondered when the shyster would appear.

2. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Really? We say that? I must've missed it.

"Flip-flops" would be the US term...

Wilson likes this.
  3. Yank

I don't know of any place where this would seem "perfectly normal", outside of Myanmar.

4. Yank

I'm sure he was kept in a Plausible Deniability Zone.

5. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

It was part of a UK tv programme about 'Freedom of Speech' etc., in the US. I don't recall who the protagonists were but I saw what I saw. I concluded from it that much of the 'Freedom of Speech' in the US, is based upon the same flawed concept of 'Freedom', which infects US Gun Laws.

6. starbuck

starbuck pfm Member

I believe that is a room encircled by other rooms, each with only a single woman in it.

7. Yank

Was it hosted by Sasha Baron Cohen?

8. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

9. Yank

10. mykel

mykel Perpetual Hack

11. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Stormy Denials.

rbrown, Still and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  12. tones

tones Tones deaf

13. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Insightful piece. But please, only a minority of Americans feel that the only corruption that matters is that which attacks traditional racial and gender hierarchies. The article points to a chief source of Trump support, and suggests why that support is so reliable among people who say they're against 'corruption.' Still, Trump walks only if the GOP avoids disaster at the polls, and the question is very open.

14. tones

tones Tones deaf

My fingers and toes are crossed (my wires are permanently in that position). I'm also pressing my thumbs for good measure (Daumen drücken is the German equivalent of crossed fingers)

15. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Trump’s impeachment could give Pence time to rebuild Republican credibility before 2020. IMO, the best possible outcome for progressives is Trump crippled by the midterms with Democrats regaining control of the House of Representatives. This would result in two years of constant public investigations into Trump’s corruption, leaving the Republicans vulnerable to losing both the Senate and the Presidency in 2020.

16. avole

avole The wise never post on Internet forums

Trump won't be impeached, he'll ride this out. That's why the party is solidly behind him. If there were a problem, they'd be deserting in droves.

Jonboi likes this.
  17. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Agreed, that would be the ideal outcome IMO.

18. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Hock,

I hope it would also serve as a warning as to what happens if you elect a misogynistic, racist, anti-environmental, science-denying, corrupt, egotistical, thin-skinned, inept, moronic orange anus with stupid hair as president.

Joe

Still, Jonboi and Hook like this.
  19. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

My fear is that Trump’s base, seeing him besieged, comes out in force for the midterms and there is no change.

20. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

One thing's for sure - the mid terms will be a good barometer of whether the USA is really f****d, or whether this is a temporary aberration.
    Same for the UK. If the Tories and Labour manage to drive the UK off the cliff of hard Brexit in March then I think the UK's medium term future is extremely bleak.

The next 6-7 months will be interesting times. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.