1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 15

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Hook, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Keep in mind that Trump's base is about 10% smaller than the total number of Trump voters from 2016.

Yes, there is about a third of the US that will stick with Trump no matter what. But there is at least 10% of the country that is persuadable - the typical suburban family, college educated, many of whom are Republican in name only. The wives and mothers in those families are now leaning away from Trump because don't like infidelity and corruption.

A recent example was a special election in Columbus, Ohio, where registered Republicans outnumber registered Dems by 2-1, and where Trump won by double digits. The Republicans retained the seat for a few months (until November) with a win by just 1%! This does not bode well for the GOP in November, and especially in districts with similar demographics.

2. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

It is a literal witch hunt against Trump. But the hunters are the witches. They are using actual witchcraft. :eek:

3. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Trump says he can't be impeached, because if he was there'd be an economic crash...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45285585

I'm not sure it was wise of him to mention impeachment, it just lays the ground for more speculation about his future.

4. chainrule

chainrule gordon

i read that the democrats have to win by 7-8% in congressional elections just to break even, due to population distribution and gerrymandering. the poles show democrats leading by 9-10%. 60% percent of the senate represents 24% of the populous. in other words, the minority rules.

5. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

It was a threat. I took it as him saying if you try to impeach me, I'll burn it all down on my way out.

6. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

This clip from Fox is rather telling.

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/1032603360057151488

Number one, you can't impeach someone who's doing a great job. Number two, if Trump were impeached the markets would crash because without his brain and its thinking you would see numbers you wouldn't believe. Believe me. Number three, if Hilary had won we'd see negative growth.

Joe

7. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

joe.

i'm finding this all difficult to follow and i need bill maher's guide to perky blonde fox new presenters.

mykel likes this.
  8. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Vuk,

She's one of the friends at Fox and Friends, a morning news show featuring hard-hitting objective journalism at its finest.

[​IMG]

Joe

9. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

I think that depends on the meaning of "change." It's never a popular sentiment, but I say it every cycle: Even if the democrats take both houses, nothing resembling meaningful, sensible, and certainly not progressive legislation will happen; those in the party now loudly denouncing Trump will be the first to adorn themselves in the same old rank horseshit of olive branch bipartisanship.

And while they're all rolling around in that tired schtick, we'll have battles over the rollbacks of Trump's rollbacks, along with mini scandals galore, to keep them busy doing nothing substantive. The ACA may go back to what it was before Trump. But then the endless wars, wealth disparity, dearth of climate legislation, crumbling infrastructure ... on and on and on, will continue unabated. Same as it ever was.

It never ceases to confound me how people cannot for their lives realize the scale of the contagion that is the two-party racket.

10. maxflinn

maxflinn Tulsi Gabbard 2020.

+1000000!

11. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Yet you still found the time to be Trump’s #1 cheerleader here on pfm!

12. maxflinn

maxflinn Tulsi Gabbard 2020.

You're like a spiteful child.

13. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

huh? that post (m-m) is hardly cheerleading for trump.

14. Ciunas Audio

Ciunas Audio Trade: Ciunas Audio

I agree - Max has been saying similar for a long time

15. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

This gallery reminded me of the rolling credits for Dallas, with the mug shots of JR, Sue-Ellen and Bobby.

[​IMG]

Do you think the Federal Bureau of Prisons will let Manafort take his Ostrich outfit and hair dye in with him?

16. Ciunas Audio

Ciunas Audio Trade: Ciunas Audio

The ostrich outfit will be appreciated in prison - time to let him out of solitary & let him enjoy the full gamut of prison life :eek:

TheDecameron likes this.
  17. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I have this picture of four 6’8” boys from the hood pursuing him round the exercise yard while he’s wearing it.

18. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

I have visions of Bernie clifton

19. mykel

mykel Perpetual Hack

20. mykel

mykel Perpetual Hack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.