1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 15

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Hook, Aug 23, 2018.

1. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

Yes. That's basically how you do a mob case. Start at the bottom with some guy you have bang to rights. He then gets to flip on people the next level up, who then are bang to rights and get to flip on the next level, etc. etc. But at any one level your window to make a deal only lasts as long as the prosecutor needs you.

The adjunct to this is that someone like Manafort can either trade 1 from a level up (i.e Trump) but might also be able to trade 3 from the same level (Jared, Bannon and Prince) depending on where Mueller is in proving those cases.

The relevant Seth threads are here:

"What cooperation might mean"
    https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1040629762069291009

"Updates after it came out that Manafort had flipped, flipped"
    https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1040672291863060480
    https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1040675306779144192

2. matthewr

3. matthewr

4. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

5. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

Fascinating.

6. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

7. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I'm guessing they won't be serving mushrooms any time soon in the White House.

Rob998 likes this.
  8. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Twitter is the current pinnacle of democratized information. In neutered yelling at a cloud old man speak, people will look back one day and wonder how great societies ceded control and aggregation of what constitutes pertinent information to an anyone can play Up/Down vote system supported by online commerce.

9. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

^^^ What would that sound like in un-neutered young-man speak?

10. Craig B

Translation:

We are on a fast track to living on the equivalent of the planet depicted in series 1, episode 7 of 'The Orville' entitled 'Majority Rule'.

That is, assuming we all don't get 'down voted' to death by frontal lobotomy first, such that no one is left with the necessary faculties to look back and wonder how society went wrong.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018 at 2:00 PM
  11. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

12. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Craig,

I thought that episode of The Orville was very good. It wasn't quite Trek at its finest — say, City on the Edge of Forever — but it was at least as solid as The Doomsday Machine.

Joe

13. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Guess it would depend on the young man. In a future USA inner-city dystopia I think it'd sound something like, "Twitter bitches was steppin' all over they dicks"

14. Craig B

Joe,

I would have pulled the young Edith Keeler off the road and let history take whatever course it liked...

[​IMG]

Craig

15. kendo

kendo gloominati

Duped by a bunch of c\//\/ts...
    Nothing new here, just the technology.

16. matthewr

Stormzy Daniels is great. I think I could have done without knowing some of these details but she made me laugh and one has to know how much it will have annoyed the feck out of the Cheeto Benito :)

Still likes this.
  17. Craig B

Michael Avenatti sure does know which side of the bed has the Cheeto's stain on...

"The most important thing about the book was “not the description of her sex with Mr Trump”. It was, he said, “her description of her life and role as a modern woman unafraid to speak truth to power”.

Then again, when was the last time we heard this about a POTUS?...

“I lay there, annoyed that I was getting <bleeped> by a guy with Yeti pubes and a dick like the mushroom character in Mario Kart."

Priceless!

18. matthewr

He has no choice now. If he wants to get rid of these rumours he is going to have to produce his long form, girth certificate/

19. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I thought he was going to sue Stormy? What’s happened to that? Just another of his empty threats?

20. Craig B

I wonder if Melania is laughing or crying whilst creating the hash tag of #MeToToad today?