1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 16

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Yank, Jan 5, 2019.

1. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

For someone who scoffs at others who swallow memes, you sure do traffic in them!

2. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Now you claim to understand this 'sub' very well!

3. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

marky.

again, you missed an obvious joke (regarding the diversity officer).

more importantly, your post reads like the self-obsessed ramblings of a clever 17 year-old who has just discovered nihilism. the reductionism you're engaging in isn't useful at understanding politics and social change at the level we are attempting to speak of it. even if the indian chap you bring up has influenced AOC or help her polish her delivery, in then end that doesn't really matter if it ends up stirring up social movements and changing policy. it's also kind of absurd in that, if pushed to full logical limits, nobody is allowed to have teachers or absorb accumulated social knowledge.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  4. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

I see he's branching out into comedy. Useful to have a fallback once the politics ends.

"Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    North Korea, under the leadership of Kim Jong Un, will become a great Economic Powerhouse. He may surprise some but he won’t surprise me, because I have gotten to know him & fully understand how capable he is. North Korea will become a different kind of Rocket - an Economic one!
    12:50 AM - 9 Feb 2019"

5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

droodzilla likes this.
  6. Kraus

Kraus Member

Name ten that you would.

7. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I liked the description of Mar-a-Lago as Trump’s Presidential Palace,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...?utm_term=.2e7da8fa19d2&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Palm Beach is a horrible place. According to Laurence Leamer’s book “Mar-a-Lago: Inside the Gates of Power at Donald Trump’s Presidential Palace,” the Florida enclave is populated by snooty old-timers and egotistical arrivistes, social climbers and brown-nosers — all of whom are willing to tolerate and even reward the most egregious behavior if it means basking in the nuclear glow of the latest buzzy power player. It’s a town where wealthy husbands fight petty battles in court and middle-aged wives fight wrinkles and weight gain as if their marriages depend on it, because they so often do. It’s a wretched village filled with grotesque anti-Semitism and casual racism, but with striking ocean views.

8. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

A bit like a warmer Sandbanks then?

9. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

this sound like a description of most of the modern world's wealthy class. nothing exclusive to palm beach.

10. Wilson

Wilson _

“Warren says, "Well, I never checked the box, I never used this to get a leg up," which, you know, fine if you didn't.

But I think what bothers me about that statement is that implies that Native people and other people of color who did check the box somehow use that to their advantage.”

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...-presidential-bid-cherokee-activist-1.5011501

11. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Compared to what Trump has done I couldn't care less if she claimed direct descent from Sitting Bull and ticked all the boxes.

sean99 and ff1d1l like this.
  12. Wilson

Wilson _

It is Warren and her ilk who helped Trump get elected

13. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

FTFY

wacko likes this.
  14. Wilson

Wilson _

All of the above. What's your point, Colin?

15. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

My point is that your post, insufficiently detailed as it was, was a bit crap

16. Wilson

Wilson _

Thanks, Colin; good to know.

17. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

wilson.

surely we can judge warren's character and competence from what she has been doing the past several decades as professor, activist and legislator. are you really wound up about this trivial, gossipy issue? seriously?

18. Wilson

Wilson _

No, not particularly. I see her as another opportunist politician. This is an example. I thought it would be be a worthy addition to this thread.

John and Marky-Mark like this.
  19. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

That's right - the consumer financial protection bureau to prevent Americans from being defrauded by Wall St banks was simply the last straw for the forgotten Americans.

20. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

I'd prefer Warran (and Sanders) to stay in the Senate, they're still needed there. Their ideas do deserve a wider hearing, but as John the Baptist not the Messiah. I'm afraid that the inevitable bruising they'll take in a Presidential run will lower their stock value.

sean99 likes this.