1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 16

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Yank, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

tones,

The problem is that Trump's true believers are so enamored with him that even monumentally stupid things that come out of his mouth don't put them off the guy.

Joe

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  2. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Worries me too.

'A whiff of grapeshot' will readily disperse angry mobs, but that requires the army on-side. Our all-volunteer force tends to self-select for authoritarians.

Cops ditto. When the cops won't arrest alt-right assholes acting badly, it's a bad sign.

3. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Oh it could be lots of people. I agree not Pence. Someone who looks good on a horse, so to speak. But when the followers are ready, they find a leader.

4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I couldn’t actually believe what I was seeing.

5. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Trump's pick for the 4th circuit could be another judge with questionable temperament. She looks to get a little hot above the collar.

[​IMG]

Or maybe she had a run in with Nancy Crater.

6. TheDecameron

Eczema.

Enraged Coypu
    [​IMG]

Supreme Court appointee
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  7. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Maybe a conscientious Secret Service agent could do us a favor...

8. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

he's a bad, bad, bad, bad guy. that's what they love.

9. tones

tones Tones deaf

10. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

He said Marc Antony, not Brutus. He's talking about what's necessary for 'real social unrest,' he thinks there has to be a charismatic leader to spark it. Possibly so, but I don't think we have to worry about the slot going unfilled.

11. TheDecameron

Trump had Cohen and others threaten academic institutions into concealing his real grades while he went after Obama’s, even down to his birth certificate. Whats Trump got to hide?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...69364b2ed137_story.html?wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1
    “In 2011, days after Donald Trump challenged President Barack Obama to “show his records” to prove that he hadn’t been a “terrible student,” the headmaster at New York Military Academy got an order from his boss: Find Trump’s academic records and help bury them”.

Private Trump excels-

“At the academy, which modeled its strict code of conduct after the nearby U.S. Military Academy at West Point, Trump loved competing to win contests for cleanest room or best-made bed. Although not known as an academic standout..”.

12. wacko

wacko pfm Member

^^ What's Trump got to hide ? How can he hide anything when he can't even construct a sentence ?
    OTOH Obama is the best orator in recent times.

Darmok likes this.
  13. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Dec,

To quote one of the keepers from Talos IV, "It would appear, magistrate, that the intelligence of the specimen is shockingly limited."

Jump to 0:18

Sorry, that was gratuitous. If I'm going to be honest with myself, I have to admit that not every thread is a Trek thread.

Joe

Nick_G likes this.
  14. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

But perhaps every Trump thread ought to be, Joe.

Joe P likes this.
  15. Darmok

Darmok "A Priori Teleology."

Trump's favourite novel to premiere on UK stage in July
    Ivo van Hove’s adaptation of Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead will open at Manchester international festival

Source> https://www.theguardian.com/culture...vourite-novel-to-premiere-on-uk-stage-in-july

An excerpt...

That’s because the trial scene in Rand’s script includes statements such as this: “I wished to come here and say that I am a man who does not exist for others.” Or: “I recognise no obligations towards men except one: to respect their freedom and take no part in a slave society.” Or this: “I do not recognise anyone’s right to one minute of my life. Nor to any part of my energy. Nor to any achievement of mine, no matter who makes the claim, how large their number or how great their need.”

Mmmm, drumpf in a nutshell or case if you prefer.

16. TheDecameron

Manafort sentencing underway. He is in court wearing “a green jumpsuit “. He’s obviously moved on from the ostrich number to late 70s Hall & Oates.

17. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Trump has now removed obligation to report civilian deaths from drone strikes. When is someone going to write the song 'Don't cry for me America' ?

18. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

19. wacko

wacko pfm Member

^^ wait until he gets pardoned. Omerta has its rewards.

20. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

There's another case in the pipeline, so perhaps justice will be done. When you get a shorter sentence for stealing millions of dollars than someone who steals $100 there's something very wrong.

sean99 likes this.