1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 16

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Yank, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I don’t know anything about Rachel Madow or whatever her name is, but Seth Abramson is highly qualified in law and collated and assessed evidence already in the public domain. His analysis is not easy to dismiss and is certainly a good few intellectual levels above the sort of YouTube opinion pieces you so regularly link to.

2. Ciunas Audio

Ciunas Audio Trade: Ciunas Audio

You believe that it's all in Trump's favour? I feel it's like the mid-term "blue wave" - initially the GOP were able to claim there was no "blue wave" but in time, the reality was very different

3. maxflinn

maxflinn Tulsi Gabbard 2020.

He's highly qualified in making money, from where I'm standing!

Max Blumenthal, Aaron Maté, Glen Greenwald etc are brilliant journalists. Absolutely top drawer. Highly intelligent and very knowledgeable people.

I doubt many are even one intellectual level above them, never mind 'a good few'.

4. maxflinn

No, John.

Russiagate meant there could be no thawing of relations with Russia, one of Trump's campaign pledges.

It also meant there was no real investigation into how the Democratic Party could have become so in hoc to the elites, and thus so far from its original goal of representing the working class, that it got basically destroyed in an election versus a racist clown.

5. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

6. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

...with the "Russian Government".

There's no mention of whether or not he coordinated or conspired with any Russian non-government entities...

I'm as likely to take voting advice from you now as I was in 2016 (when I did vote for Bernie in the primary, in one of Hillary's home states).

7. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

glenn greenwald also worked as a lawyer, before becoming a reporter at the new york times and winning the pulitzer prize.

btw -- you can add noam chomsky, ralph nader and chris hedges to your list, but i think we've got the all-star team already. even the centrist brooks and shields duo on PBS newshour are now firmly on the doubter side, which rather surprised me.

maxflinn likes this.
  8. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

I am tempted to say because you don't understand the legal situation and, like the rest of us, have not seen Mueller's proof.

9. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

-team
    +very narrow intellectual left bubble

10. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

11. maxflinn

Well yes, no conspiracy or coordination with the Russian government.

I see..

Russia...Russia...the Russians...the Russians..

Look over there, the scum ruling and ruining the US say, a Russian squirrel.

12. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

you know, when the barr summary came out, i had decided not to write anything until we got the full report and i should have stuck to that. it's possible my legal understanding is limited here, but i'm pretty sure that's not the case for greenwald and dershowitz.

i listed prominent people, so anything intellectual in that scope is going to be narrow and there really aren't very many non-leftist intellectuals (certainly not in our era). anyhow, i don't see this as a liability and i definitely recall you arguing ahead of the brexit referendum that all the intelligent people were on the remain side (much to the dismay of roger scruton -- who, by the way, is a continentalist, like seth). the leftist intellectuals have been the ones interpreting foreign relations most accurately for [at least] the last half century. it's not easy to dismiss someone like chomsky on the matter.

i'll also add that we probably have different biases here in that i don't see the USA as an ally but rather, as most of the of the world does, a threat. this forum is an anglo bubble, which is why nobody seems to really care about what's going on with venezuela where we're seeing some truly nasty collusion and genuine treason, with a known war criminal leading the way.

maxflinn likes this.
  13. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

14. maxflinn

15. Ciunas Audio

Ciunas Audio Trade: Ciunas Audio

16. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

17. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Mike Pompieus Magnus at his press conference, said that Iran “using terrorism as an instrument of statecraft makes it different from any other nation”. That has to be self satire surely?

DonQuixote99 likes this.
  18. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

19. maxflinn

Michael Tracey debates Cenk Uygar on Trump/Russia.

It really is pretty embarrassing for Cenk:

20. maxflinn

:rolleyes:...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.