1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 16

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Yank, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

Oh, I like this...Trumpty Dumpty indeed...

[​IMG]

2. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

I think Jr. is dumber and less charming than his father.

3. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

You did NOT call them JTs! Oh, you did, you did call them JTs!! :eek:

4. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Stopped that clip when they started clicking the 'empty' gun. Call me a snowflake but I didn't want to see what i was sure was coming.

Agree that the JT label from that universe is exactly right for the Donalds!

5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

While two bald men wrestle over the Brexit comb in Britain,Trump’s protectionism and the slump in global demand for for manufactured goods grind away behind their backs. Something bigger and more toxic than Brexit is coming down the pipe.

6. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

7. TheDecameron

I let my mind wander over the Trump border visit today. Faulty satnav then a flat tyre in Juarez at dusk. A call from El Chapo ( from jail, to find out if kids have had their bedtime story).

8. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Don,

No one dies, but the gun does go off as guns tend to do.

Joe

9. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Thinking about it, I believe I just found the suspense, knowing with absolute certainty the gun would go off, but not knowing when, too excruciatingly banal.

10. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

11. Hook

Agreed! Must admit, I'm having a hard time getting my head around this. It’s eerie!

12. tones

tones Tones deaf

Bit like the guy who, in the late 19th century, wrote a novel in which he described an enormous ocean liner called Titan, which hit an iceberg in the Atlantic and sank with the loss of most of its complement.

13. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

Like father like son pretty much explains the coincidence I guess.

DonQuixote99 and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  14. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

15. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

A report from NBC now says that Trump's plan is to raid disaster recovery funds for Puerto Rico, and other Army Corps of Engineer funding, under emergency authority, to pay for some wall. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/im...ake-billions-disaster-areas-fund-wall-n957281

This proposal is designed to create maximum outrage in Democrats and maximum delight in the racist 30%. So it's a perfect idea from Trumps point of view. The more brown people and their allies hate him, the more his base loves him, and that's what Trump loves.

16. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

He is a JT. A ginoromous, racist JT.

There, I said it.

Joe

DonQuixote99 likes this.
  17. TheDecameron

UKIP campaigned on exactly this pledge- that foreign aid would cease and the money would be spent on needy white people inside one of the world’s richest countries.

18. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

That's of course most likely it. The writer was a guy who happened to know and love, so to speak, Fred Trump.

Could find out little about the writer, John D. Robinson. He was a successful TV writer and producer, mostly of westerns. Biggest success was probably as producer of the series "Wanted, Dead or Alive." Could find nothing but his credits and the barest biographical details. Born 10/12/1923, California, died 4/3/1999.

19. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

If I'd ever heard of that Titanic/Titan story, I'd forgotten it. Just shows that the hubris and irony embodied in the real Titanic events was broad and bold enough for fiction.

20. Hook

Joe, maybe it's time to update the AUP's registration requirements?

[​IMG]

Still likes this.