1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 17

Discussion in 'off topic' started by chainrule, May 3, 2019.

1. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

It doesn't matter much, since you can only go 1 or 2 deviations out from the mainstream and remain hip and-or relevant. Once you pass that threshold it’s not in the loop anymore; it's tinfoil or misanthropy from within a mainstream view, and summarily unworthy of mediocrity’s slipstream: aka, the democratic process. A brainwashing that's autonomic reflex deep and truth resistant.

For example, if I were to say, look, current mainstream political insight comes from either parroting what a corporate media entity has distilled into a soundbite from a million dollar candidate wholly dependent upon consultants to best manage 'optics', or maybe you’re hip and wander over to an alternative source like Twitter (as if it’s not mainstream) to read Seth unwind and define an issue in an ode to investigative journalism that shape-shifts into a positional hologram that bestows hip, and that all of this plays out in what amounts to a sliding scale of confirmation bias within a safe space 1 deviation from the mainstream playing field, I've gone nearly 2 deviations out by just saying it.

If I point out the truth of how this mainstream is a self-propelled recursive gyre that rarely questions its own validity and rejects the same from outside itself, even in the face of overwhelming evidence that the imbalance of crumbs to wealth has steadily become astronomical, not to mention is destroying the planet, while those within its sphere have been spinning around enjoying the ebb and flow of arguing about candidates they had no choice in elevating to a position of presidential candidate in the first place, I'm firmly 2 deviations out.

I can now easily go to 3 deviations by saying you can’t possibly effect anything you’re arguing over by blithely choosing corporate-serving cutouts from within such a system to fix such a system. And once I say that, the reply is always “what would you do then” to which I say I can't possibly have an answer given how completely fukked up this has become, but I do know that depending on a system that sees who it ostensibly serves as either chattel, fodder, or dupes, and is the same system that got you here, in order to get you out of this horrible situation, borders on collective insanity, and is absolutely the first thing that requires changing. And the fact that I have to go 3 deviations out of mainstream to make that point tells me it’s never going to happen and just how effective the washing has been.

And so here we are, heading down the same old road to a solution that comes down to which of two candidates from the same two corporate wealth-soaked entities will win the game and right the sinking ship of humanity they’ve punched holes in for the benefit of their true benefactors from day one. You couldn't write such a script if you'd tried.

Ciunas Audio, Wilson and maxflinn like this.
  2. maxflinn

maxflinn Bernie Sanders 2020.

^^^

Excellent! :cool:

3. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Max,

I think Marky said that Americans are stuck with Trump or a corporate Democrat.

Joe

Still likes this.
  4. maxflinn

I think Marky said a whole lot more than that, Joe, and it was brilliantly said too, IMO.

5. Joe P

Max,

I provided a synopsis for the hurried reader.

Joe

6. maxflinn

I'm not sure if attempting to reduce his post into one of the soundbites he mentioned was intentional irony, Joe.

Anyhow, his post deserves a far wider audience, IMO.

7. Joe P

Max,

Marky’s original post is still there for the non-hurried reader, so now you ‘ave a choice. I’m not criticizing it, by the way. I just provided a take — mine, obviously — on what I think his post boils down to. If you disagree, that’s fine.

In academia, the general form is to present a long thesis buttressed by facts that are critically analyzed then scrutinized by peers. But in politics, especially in parts of the US, your idea has to fit on a bumper-sticker, ideally set in a font legible from at least two car lengths’ away.

You know this. That’s why lock her up, send ‘em home and Killary caught on so widely.

Joe

Still likes this.
  8. Joe P

Marky,

I wasn’t taking a swipe at you. My apologies if it came across as one.

Joe

9. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Ah, ok .. thanks. It would've been ok if it were a swipe - I realize my views are often unpopular here. Still, it's puzzling that you have members so averse that insult is an accepted response. Is what it be.

10. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

11. Joe P

Marky,

You don’t know the half of it...

Joe

12. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

marky.

i was pleasantly surprised yesterday by anti-corporate media looking very polished -- complete with pro-anchor-dolly -- delivering radical, progressive political news:

(with your favourite person in the "still" shot)

the clip should also be watched by the centrist wussies (and social mind readers) here, as it also addresses the "electability" myth/propaganda.

13. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

12/10 for unintentional irony.

14. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Apparently, Trump wasn't ever a buddy of Epstein according to his recent interview - in fact he was actually the guy who arrested him.

tqineil and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  15. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

Marky, A+ for effort, but FFS, short sentences mate. I went round the houses twice and got lost reading some of that.

16. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Point taken ... much too wordy. And I took a minute to try and shorten it!

17. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

That wasn't half bad. Reminded me a friend in my youth who had very droll parents. We were listening to them argue one evening while stoned, and after a lot of back and forth something like the video, his mother says "it doesn't matter because you're drunk. And furthermore, you're a bum." The 'and furthermore ...' became a bit for us that lasted years.

18. Joe P

Classy guy, that Donald Trump.

[​IMG]

Trump gives the thumbs up in a photo with an El Paso orphan, whose parents died shielding the baby from the gunman’s bullets.

I know, he's done a bazillion other things far worse, but if this isn't an unequivocal sign of a ginormous cock I don't know what is.

Joe

19. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

He's vile. But more importantly he has the support of approaching half of the US public. What is wrong with those people ?!

20. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

You mean like this ?
    [​IMG]

TimF, Still, Seeker_UK and 3 others like this.
  21. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

Give him a break, @Joe P , one of this best mates just killed himself.