1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 17

Discussion in 'off topic' started by chainrule, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

Give him a break, @Joe P , one of this best mates just killed himself.

2. wacko

wacko pfm Member

And no more of the 'ginormous cock' fake news please. We have already established the cause of his nasty persona is a tiny, tiny willy.

3. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Wacko,

Is a ginormous cock, not has a...

Joe

wacko likes this.
  4. John

John TDS free

They love seeing the other side get triggered by everything he says.

Wilson likes this.
  5. Ciunas Audio

Ciunas Audio Trade: Ciunas Audio

Is that really it - they are shooting themselves in the foot for a bit of entertainment??
    Jaysus, it's worse than I thought, if that's the case

6. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

7. Ciunas Audio

If true, then deplorables is a suitable term describing them

8. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

John,

But how about that smiling, thumbs-up photo op with the El Paso orphan? I hope it has triggered the libtards because that’s what a leader should do after the mass shooting he helped inspire.

Joe

ErikL likes this.
  9. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Spite, deplorables, triggering ... If I wasn't already halfway through my first coffee of the day I'd think the Trump thread had become an introspective on any number of OT political threads!

10. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

And in the mean time they either don’t notice or don’t care that they have no financial security, can’t afford to go to the doctor, and their kids are receiving a second rate education at schools where they are at risk of being shot. (Apparently the word freedom has been redefined as such in the USA). But hey it annoys the libtards.

Perhaps the Germans have a word that’s a composite of schadenfreude and stupid.

chainrule likes this.
  11. matthewr

Most of the candidates have zero chance and will be whittled down soon enough -- the main players are Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, Buttigieg.

You are correct that Biden is awful (old, gaff prone) and survives on name recognition and because he polls well with old school democrats in traditional "blue wall" states (union guys basically) adn black voters because of his association with Obama. Sanders and Warren are the left (in Democrat terms) candidates, Harris is the centrist. Buttigieg is a small state unknown trying to do an Obama -- he's actually pretty awesome although beloved of white, metropolitan liberals like me (and hence the media).

Note the other aspect of the race is who will be the other half of the ticket and run against Pence for VP. This is generally picked to fill in the demographic gap the candidate is weakest in. E.g. Beto is strong with the young and in purple states as he is from Texas and has some swing voter appeal. Buttigieg (who is smart, ex-military and gay) debating Pence would be awesome despite the fact that nobody can say or spell his name. The other thing the democratic candidate wants on the ticket is someone who appeals to the black vote as they are a big chunk of the Dem base.

Sanders has great name recognition after his strong run in 2016, but the knock is he has limited appeal outside of his committed base. WYSIWYG with Sanders who is not going to change much at this point. Warren started off looking a bit unlikely but has had a very strong campaign and is gaining momentum. She is the policy expert and has lots of good, progressive ideas. Harris problem is she might alienate the Dem base as Clinton did (although hopefully that lesson was learned) and woman of colour running for POTUS is a big ask.

Personally I could live with any candidate except Biden, but my preference is Warren/Beto or Harris/Buttigieg. But obviously I thinking mainly as someone interested in liberal democracy and so the only thing that matters is who can beat Trump and would vote for literally anyone ahead of him. Or indeed a banana. If I were an American citizen I would be more concerned with the policy differences. I also reserve the right to change my mind.

12. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Just as four years ago, I likely won’t vote unless I give in and do it in spirit for my mom, knowing that if she were with us she’d give me holy hell for not casting a liberal democrat vote.

My disdain for the system has come to a zenith behind climate change and its accompanying horsemen of biodiversity destruction, the oil industry, and wealth concentration. And so I not only see no meaningful difference between the marketed choices of democrats and republicans, I have zero faith in either.

You'd have to be either delusional or a pollyanna to believe there will be sufficient consensus among any of them to address our potential extinction given that we're now well into the process. And that's simply because they operate within the same confines of a system long off its rails. None of these potential leaders will ever challenge the system’s complicity in perpetuating a business as usual approach for the private owners of production.

And so because I realize it's the system acting as primary impediment to a rational, scientifically guided international effort to significantly address this crisis, it’s a system I have no use for. Enjoying what time is left in hopefully a truly more appreciative mind space has become job 1 for me and not the shark jumping, brain-addled drama through contest they trot out to obfuscate and distract.

TimF likes this.
  13. John

John TDS free

It’s not the only reason they support Trump. Most Trump supporters do not support open borders, Medicare for all, college debt forgiveness, free college for everyone, slave reparations and free medical for illegals that his opposition support.

Wilson likes this.
  14. Ciunas Audio

Dems don't supports open borders - just a Trump/GOP propaganda. The rest is a shocking indictment of the mindset that will shoot themselves in the foot rather than support sensible policies. Talking of shootings, I suppose the mass shootings in the US are the result of video games & mentally unstable people?

sean99 likes this.
  15. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

In other news, top White House official, Ken Cuccinelli, ironically the acting director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, declared today that the the verse about immigrants on the Statue of Liberty was about people from Europe.

16. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

He may have said Europe, but I guarantee he was thinking Northern Europe!

17. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

The you admit it is a reason.

18. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Yes. Aryans, you know.

19. matthewr

So Bernie went on Joe Rogan. Some reaction from Sam Seder and a caller from the heartland (well central florida).

20. Ciunas Audio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.