1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 17

Discussion in 'off topic' started by chainrule, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

Since the days of Jack Benny, Groucho Marx etc the yanks have been looking for a top comedian and this is all they could come up with.

2. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Under which, it is said mushrooms grow. Well, appear. Jeeze, Stormy earned every cent.

Konteebos likes this.
  3. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

4. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

5. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

6. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Retired first responders: Social media Hells Angels.

7. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

The progressive journalists of Finland should look into the whole derived from mad kings and priests angle.

8. John

John TDS free

Like these guys

9. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

As the article details, there are adequate laws, but enforcement has been lacking. Compare to the extreme 'enforcement' efforts mounted against the Black Panthers, and MOVE....

10. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

My take after listening to the 1 1/2 minutes I could stand is that Jimmy Dore is a Russian stooge spreading disinformation and shouting 'fake news' at the media reporting on the Trump scandals.

In the 1 1/2 minutes he exposes 'ABCs source,' identified on his graphic as Leshchenkos, as a purported but not actual advisor to Ukraine's president, and says that Leshchenkos now says he didn't say what Jimmy Dore says he supposedly said to ABC. So, in Dore's words, "All phoney!" Confused yet? That is surely the idea.

ABC says their source for the diplomatic texts detailing what the US wanted is the recently-resigned Kurt Volker.

11. tones

tones Tones deaf

12. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

13. Ciunas Audio

Ciunas Audio Trade: Ciunas Audio

A madman, (with bone spurs) QED

14. Ciunas Audio

jeez, man you can't accept any criticism of the nation, can you - always a whataboutism in your posts?

what kind of sick, violent nation has laws that allow armed militias?
    is exactly what most sane people think

15. Ciunas Audio

I'm of the opinion that Trump is goading his rabid supporters into some form of violence which will cause the whole impeachment train to come to a halt while the extent of such violence is evaluated & the necessary ways of dealing with it are put in place.
    The Brits already have such plans in place for Brexit unrest on the streets - difference being the threat of automatic weapons is minimal in Britain

16. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

my biggest problem with the militia people is their remarkable naivete. let's say trump is on the ropes and calls for action, what are they going to do with their guns? who are they going to go and attack? the american military? really? there won't be any armed leftist opposition to shoot at. will they start killing civilians or just walking around their little towns intimidating people? will they be taking over KFC and taco bell establishments?

17. Ciunas Audio

I don't know the answer to your questions but once that genie is out of the bottle (armed support for Trump going into action) who knows how it will pan out?

18. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

I don’t think the issue will be armed militias per se. Yes, there may be another Bundy standoff (I.e., pathetic attempt at sedition) or two, but the bigger threat would be an attempted repeat of the 1995 bombing of the Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

19. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Fox News analyst Andrew Napolitano, a former State Supreme Court Judge in New Jersey, called Trump’s Ukraine call both criminal and impeachable.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-impeachable-foxs-napolitano-says/3854146002/

So then Tucker Carlson booked former Trump lawyer Joe diGenova to come on his show and call Napolitano a “fool”.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...ws-as-trump-faces-impeachment-lachlan-murdoch

The divide between the News and Opinion teams at Fox seems to be growing. I hope it continues, and eventually tears them to shreds.

20. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

There may not be any, actual real-life armed leftist opposition, but these are the sort of people who will invent demons to fight, no doubt stirred up by right wing media. If I were a judge who had a social-justice inclination, or who had acquitted a black person despite a trial-by-media conviction, I'd be very worried. As with the UK and brexiteers, they'll pick on anybody they thing doesn't wholeheartedly espouse their cause, and their president.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.