1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 17

Discussion in 'off topic' started by chainrule, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Not sure what any of this means, other than the skank with the eyeliner. All I was attempting to do was answer the question you posted taken from the Finnish headline about sick, violent nations allowing armed militias. And I think the clause in the 2nd amendment (with some state's carry laws), along with america descending from mad kings and priests pretty much covers it. What caused the mental malfeasance in Dac boy remains a mystery.

2. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

marky.

it was my saturday homage.

3. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Ahh, I see. well done then! Might I suggest shoehorning cooter spray or coiling up steaming dookies into next weekend's effort.

4. Ciunas Audio

Ciunas Audio Trade: Ciunas Audio

Ok, I can see your point - apologies then for my misinterpretation that you were making excuses rather than trying to point to what you think is the genesis for this militia mentality.

5. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

6. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

7. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

8. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

i will impersonate you now, but from a slightly different ideological angle:

don.

i spent a whole minute (or close) reading and just couldn't get past the confusion and misinformation. that said, i agree that it's chilling to have a secret service person attempting to shape public opinion under the guise of journalism.

9. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Mention the first item you consider misinformation.

10. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

I am the President of Finland.

11. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

12. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

the article should start with: "here are my anecdotal observations of some worrisome attitudes in the military about trump". instead, we get this leading down the garden path after the introductory paragraphs:

"Recent polling shows that among military veterans, approval ratings for Trump are higher than among the civilian population. In my experience, the support for Donald Trump among a large
    segment of the U.S. military is downright cult-like."

the polling, although not cited, is something i can imagine the specifics of. sentence 2 is presented as logical continuation of a scientific finding, yet leaves unclear what "large" and "cult-like" mean or how we can establish the statistical validity of the author's experience. maybe we should have a poll that asks about some of those cult-like things? i don't think the claims are improbable but i have no way of assessing the scope, magnitude or veracity of what the author is saying.

maybe he can go on the jimmy dore show and clarify. that would be interesting.

13. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Democratized news and opinion: fun for Likes and giggles, but ultimately equal in veracity with Ivana's moaning.

14. wacko

wacko pfm Member

The support for Trump from Veterans is strange considering he dodged the draft...

tqineil likes this.
  15. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

16. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Yes, a case of facts not being as predicted. There's always a chance of learning something by digging into such things....

17. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Jimmy Dore, I assume, meets your high academic standards?

18. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

I'm starting to think Trump may be in over his head. Is it possible that he's ill-suited to the position he holds?

Joe

19. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

It's automatic with no exceptions.

Idiot? Step on every rake.
    Boozer? Unexplained bruises.
    Troll? Populate block lists.
    Military or First Responder? Support republicans.

wacko likes this.
  20. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

With his great and unmatched wisdom? Do not thank God for President Trump; thank President Trump for being God!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.