1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 17

Discussion in 'off topic' started by chainrule, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Don,

The great and unmatched wisdom tweet set a new bar. That I'm certain of.

Joe

2. Ciunas Audio

Ciunas Audio Trade: Ciunas Audio

You could be onto something there :D

Caledon1297 likes this.
  3. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

joe.

if you can say/invent whatever you like on the spot and have it reported, there are not many head limits.

4. Caledon1297

Caledon1297 pfm Member

When I first saw those tweets, I thought they were from a parody account! Even by Trump's standards, they're seriously 'out there'! :eek: WTF?!

vuk and TheDecameron like this.
  5. Ibbots

Ibbots pfm Member

I don't comment on political discussions, mostly because I feel I don't know enough about the subjects being discussed and/or my opinion is of little worth or interest. I have however been been watching Donald Trump in office and I am beginning to get the idea and feel confident in expressing my view that he's an idiot.

6. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

I'm starting to suspect that Trump is also as ill-tempered as a cassowary. And as everyone knows, a cassowary is an ill-tempered bird!

Why anyone would keep a cassowary instead of an emu is beyond me, but here we are.

[​IMG]

Joe

vuk likes this.
  7. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

I think it's too soon to jump to such a conclusion, Joe.

Darmok likes this.
  8. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

When you live in an age where decree by Tweet traveling through fiber optic at the speed of light and onto cell towers for consumption in tandem with Chinese crap and american services on pocket-sized touchscreens to mine the illusions of shallow self-victory, money and happiness ... how do you not conclude that the sum of our ambition has been to exploit our worst attributes for profit.

9. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Can you stop being so perceptive ? It is depressing.

10. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Sorry about that. It was pre-coffee.

11. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Gender Traitor

Trump tweets ought to be fed into a learning algorithm and after his death be allowed to tweet a live running commentary at his funeral.

12. Bjork67

Bjork67 pfm Member

The sooner the better says me.

13. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Don't get my hopes up like that.

14. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Gender Traitor

I am sure the GOP is considering it’s options as we speak.

15. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

That sum of ambitions was obvious to any one who grew up watching commercial TV and reflected on it some. ...

16. -alan-

-alan- pfm Member

"I AM OZ - no scrub that - THE DONALD .... the Great and Powerful. Who are you?"

17. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

"You'll always want, more, more, MORE!"

18. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

"Consume vast quantities!"

19. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

sorry to interrupt the california hippie love fest, but this may be interesting. is trump playing 3D chess with the media and, if so, how do republicans manage to understand it?

20. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

jimmy dore is essentially a progressive, non-corporate trevor noah. a comedian, doing political material. i don't apply a full academic standard, but if i did, he'd score at least a c+.

not sure what your level of french is, but it would be fantastic (and i'd be glad to help) if you could get your hands on the documentary called "Les nouveaux chiens de garde". one of the main points is about the celebrity (and half-celebrity) media figures being part of the same social class as the political and corporate figure they report on. note that "class" is not necessarily/entirely based on wealth, but actual social interaction related to profession and position. it's one of those things that makes you feel silly for not having considered something so obvious. well, at least that's the case for me.

so, right on cue, jimmy displays similar analytic sophistication (or something approximating it) just today:

whatever you make of jimmy or my take on things, i do hope you make an effort to watch the french documentary.

p.s. here it is (part 1 with links to the rest) with awful border:

claire.foxx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.