1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 18

Discussion in 'off topic' started by kendo, Oct 10, 2019.

1. maxflinn

maxflinn pfm Member

Jonathan, unless the general vibe is everything will be OK once Trump is gone it's Russian propaganda.

Jonathan likes this.
  2. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

[​IMG]

maxflinn and vuk like this.
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan pfm Member

yes - i think trump is the perfect barometer of the state of US democracy and therefore a fitting head of state. It just lets you know that things at all levels below are very much NOT okay.

maxflinn likes this.
  4. Jonathan

Jonathan pfm Member

abby martin did a two week stint covering unrest in venezuela - perhaps that's what you're thinking of and just got confused?

5. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Until last year, the site was sponsored by a media outlet for the government of Venezuela. Not clear where Martin gets funding today.

6. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

what is your point? tariq ali was also part of teleSUR.

i have never seen you post that a BBC news personality was sponsored by the british government or that an american journalist was sponsored by the corporate powers that also "fund" the government.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  7. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Perhaps we should address Chris Hedges' points, and not the source of funding for the station. My main disagreement with Hedges is his supposed equivalency of the GOP and the democrats, but I do think he is correct when he says that neither parties' legislative agenda is based on improving the lives of average Americans. America has become an oligarchy, and the likes of Biden is not going to do anything to upset this.

8. Jonathan

Jonathan pfm Member

well it wouldn't be an ad-hominem attack if he hadn't mentioned 'funding' i suppose (which was Hook's supposed M.O.) :p

from what i can tell both parties' motivations are controlled the same people (can i say 'military industrial complex' here?) - I guess they both go about doing the same job with different affect. But Hedges can speak on my behalf any day of the week.

9. Hook

No point, just a simple statement of fact made in response to a question by Yank and following a reply by Jonathan.

10. Hook

I have no modus operandi, but mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundant.

11. maxflinn

maxflinn pfm Member

Jonathan likes this.
  12. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

Jonathan, Wilson and maxflinn like this.
  13. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

another plug for the hill's "rising" show. weekly review is always good fun:

now, contrast that to the "centrist" PSB newshour, which i used to be a fan of:

i don't see the point in having shields and brooks, because they are both the same trad republican. in fact, i am starting to hate shields as much as clinton, biden, pelosi and the whole lot of corporatists.

14. maxflinn

maxflinn pfm Member

Surely the man will have to pull out, and guess who that will provide an opportunity to enter...

15. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

In my opinion he should never have run in the first place (too old). If you know who comes back and wins the nomination, then the dems really will have lost the plot.

16. Jonathan

Jonathan pfm Member

the 'M.O.' i was referring to simply being "if you don't like the message then try to attack the credibility of the messenger" etc

17. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

It would be funny if Trump is impeached and his gang does jail time over asking the Ukrainians for dirt on such a doltish candidate when a YouTube search would have sufficed.

Joe

18. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

If only Trump's father had done the same.

kendo likes this.
  19. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

We need Trump and Brexit and Black Friday and Tech Fetishism and streaming pablum or we'll be left to stare into the abyss of the impending dystopian hellscape of our own making.

In the end, it will be written that the sum of our human and technological advancements amounted to mass inaction in the face of mass extinction. But those discounts, though!

Jonathan likes this.
  20. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Shields needs a drool cup and Brooks needs to rub one out on-air to a picture of Reagan and be done with it.

vuk likes this.