1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 18

Discussion in 'off topic' started by kendo, Oct 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

180 degrees. 180 degrees.

This will destroy the reputation of all those that voted to suppress the truth - and their party - for decades to come. All they needed to do was to give a free trial and to acquit.

Nick_G and TheDecameron like this.
  2. kensalriser

kensalriser pfm Member

Will it? Trump acolytes don't care, they would still support him if he actually became dictator and appointed himself President for life.

Durmbo, sean99, Roger Adams and 2 others like this.
  3. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

I think they'd prefer it.

4. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

I don't disagree but his majority - and that of the GOP in the Senate - is small. It will not take many to cry foul.

5. billo

billo pfm Member

A small amount of moral fibre would be needed, and looking at most of them 'roughage' is something to be meted (!) out to their mistresses

Roger Adams likes this.
  6. Ciunas Audio

Ciunas Audio Trade: Ciunas Audio

So now Trump/Barr will block the publication of Bolton' book & Dershowitz will argue that it's legal as it would not be in Trump's interest & therefore not in the country's interest.
    Or maybe they'll just tell the truth & say **** it we can, so we did & not bother trying to justify it?

That's just step 1 of the continuing cover-up & now that the gloves are off Trump we may see more of this - they'll probably go after Bolton with some criminal charges to signal anybody who defies the Supreme Leader will face dire consequences.

What happened to America that there weren't mass protests on the streets during this impeachment?

Roger Adams likes this.
  7. Ciunas Audio

The mms constantly paint the GOP as being in fear of Trump & that's why the Impeachment went the way it did - bullshit - the GOP are co-conspirators with Trump - they are major beneficiaries of his criminality both in terms of the upcoming cheating at elections which will be many & both monetary donations & public donations to their individual campaigns. The GOP are personally delighted with Trump no matter what murmuring may be reported.

How many trials have no witnesses, no documents & at least 3 senators should have been recused from sitting in the jury & one, possibly two Trump lawyers also recused?

8. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

The way forward is clear.

1. Find yourself the subject of an impeachment inquiry.
    2. Order all concerned to defy any subpoena brought by the prosecution.
    3. Push for a trial without delay, laughing that the prosecution has insufficient or no evidence.
    4. Prevent witnesses from testifying in court.

Job done. Acquittal assured.

9. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

With the public apparently in favour of witness testimony, this may have cooked Trump's election goose. Unless the Democrats fail to produce a decent opponent I suppose. The US - world leaders in justice eh?

10. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

Putin/Trump. Trump/Putin . Fake News/Fake Democracy. Comedy/Rule of Law. Just Wow

sean99 likes this.
  11. tones

tones Tones deaf

I personally doubt it - the array of forces against the Democrats is formidable. There are the wealthy, led by the Kochs, Trump's base, who will never desert him, even if he did shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue in broad daylight, the Electoral College inbalance, an apparently well-performing economy, Vladimir Putin and his ace hackers and spreaders of disinformation, and this, the Republican mastery of social media.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/29/opinion/trump-digital-campaign-2020.html?searchResultPosition=1

I personally can't see Trump not getting reelected, unless something goes catastrophically wrong.

Roger Adams likes this.
  12. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

What sort of criminal gets to select the jury and in addition, to choose as to whether witnesses to the alleged crimes are allowed to testify at his court hearing?

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  13. tones

tones Tones deaf

14. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

Why didn't they vote to continue hearing witness statements then, it's a bit difficult to cry foul over something they voted for.

15. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

I meant the electorate apologies - those that elect GOP senators in marginal constituencies.

16. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

17. Ciunas Audio

This impeachment exposed the GOP for what they are - just as Pelosi planned, I suspect & it was the perfect trap into which they walked with the swagger of fools who think they are invincible with a criminal president, criminal AG, criminal WH lawyers & criminal GOP senators, especially McConnell - sure who could possibly lose so let's stick it to the Dems by refusing witnesses & any documents.

They didn't see that this was just a battle & they have lost the war as a result of this battle - the middle ground, sitting on the fence, voters have been swung - the ongoing revelations will nail the coffin closed for the GOP - exactly the strategy planned by Pelosi et al. They are now beginning to see that they need to issue some mealy mouthed words to try to assuade their voters, otherwise we wouldn't see this extension to the impeachment "hearings" as it's not what Trump wants. The evidence of the poison in the WH & GOP enablers, criminal lawyers will continue to emerge, hopefully in a timely manner, despite the criminals trying to block this

The Dems should take the gloves off & use this time to call out Cippolone, Graham, McConnell & any others who should have been recused. Time to take the impetus which is with them, stop being unemotional in their presentations, time to whip up the public with some emotion & forget about needing to appear as fair & balanced (they will still be accused of not being fair or balanced) so stop bringing knives to a gun battle & start facing up to the criminality that has taken over the US administration at the highest level

Trump has been doing this all his life - using criminal lawyers to use the law (& outside the law) to protect him at the expense of everybody around him - so again we see people kill their careers in defence of him because they have also become implicated/involved either knowingly or unknowingly

Yank likes this.
  18. John

John TDS free

Now maybe we can move on and see who the DNC puts up to be defeated by Trump.

19. Ciunas Audio

Haha, nothing to see here, move along now, move along - as expected response from one of the swaggerers who think they have won when in fact they have exposed themselves for what they are

This is only the beginning, not the end

SteveS1 and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  20. John

John TDS free

The irrational democrats will never accept their loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.