1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

TV host duo confusion

Discussion in 'off topic' started by wyjsar, Mar 19, 2018.

1. slavedata

slavedata pfm Member

it's a crowded field but Mr Shouty must win the award for most annoying presenter on the telly.

2. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

They're only annoying if you watch them.

Mr Shouty isn't a part of my life, hasn't been for a good ten years now.
    Ant and Dec? Inoffensive for me, but not the telly I'd want to watch anyway.

3. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

I'm feeling a bit sorry for the TV companies who have been paying out double all these years for what seemingly can be done by Dec alone. :)

But what would I know: I've never seen them apart from by accident whilst channel hopping so I can't say how good or bad they are.

4. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Channel 'hoping'?

;)

5. deanf

deanf pfm Member

Leave him alone, he keeps Jonathon Ross off the BBC and that's all we need to know.

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  6. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

a welcome distraction... :D

7. Nero

Nero It's unlikely

They were big bloody cans of WD40 though

8. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Re channel hopping- I turned the telly on to catch C4 News last night as usual and it was set to BBC1. The horrific theme music to The One Show, that usually warns me to grab the remote, was past and to my horror I saw the unctuous Geordie host fawning over Michael Gove! I didn’t hear what they were talking about but it seemed to be similar in tone to the interview they did with Theresa May and husband, speaking about ‘boy jobs and girl jobs’, who takes the bins out etc. There was something grotesque about it- encountering Gove outside a news or current affairs programme without warning. I’m still getting flashbacks.

9. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

Actually they were discussing reducing plastic waste, protecting our environment and how government can help with legislation.

It is unfortunate that you take an exception to such programmes. From time to time they clearly tackle important issues of the day. It is a clever way to get many of the population who do not engage with news or political media to hear about issues of the day.

Please try not to be so arrogant about it, for many people this is the only means to see and understand the issues. If you don't like it, fine, you know where the off button is and when newsnight occurs in the schedule.

TheDecameron likes this.
  10. Rcook

Rcook pfm Member

Yes. Flog him to within an inch of his life, for his own good.

11. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

That's the thing about the One Show, just when you think it can't get any worse, it gets worse.

12. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

One hell of a lot more people watch the One Show than watch Newsnight, though.

Chris

13. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

I've heard that Alex Jones wriggles like a cut snake.

14. Nero

Nero It's unlikely

As I'm racist instead of sexist, I wouldn't get that far.

15. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

Funny, I was thinking the same.
    The money won't matter, the bad publicity will, looks like it's Dec from here on in
    Hate to be horrible but will anyone really miss him with Dec presenting, I think not TBH.
    The public are fickle at best.

16. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

One is prime time BBC1 the other is 2230 BBC2. I am one of the few never to have seen the former.

17. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Are you surprised or something?