1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming concerts...

Discussion in 'music' started by guey, Oct 2, 2012.

1. tobermory

tobermory pfm Member

Off to Peter Hook at the Neptune in Seattle in about 10 minutes. Just playing Technique (vinyl natch) to get in the mood. To be honest I wish he was still playing Movement and PCL but oh well. Plus advertised is a Joy Division set to open. Must take me oven gloves for an autograph!

deebster likes this.
  2. Millennium

Millennium pfm Member

Anna of the North tonight at Heaven London.

I really like the venue and I must have quite liked the artist as I booked a ticket some weeks ago. Not a bad way to spend an evening!

Coming up:
    Aurora, Roundhouse, 11th November (?)
    Orla Gartland, Scala, 20th November (sold out)

3. fama

fama pfm Member

4. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

The Spirit of Talk Talk tonight at The Royal Festival Hall...so looking forward to this..

5. guey

guey pfm Member

Just spotted that Portico Quartet are playing Turner Sims next February - better sort tickets for that

6. DipsyDave

DipsyDave Member

Aldous Harding at the Roundhouse tomorrow. Can't wait, never seen her before.

7. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

Mickey Bubbles in Nottingham this evening. Call me irresponsible, but I am looking forward to this.

8. fama

fama pfm Member

9. koi

koi pfm Member

Supergrass in Manchester early next year

10. Konteebos

Konteebos Traitor Re-joiner

Devin Townsend tonight in Glasgow, should be good...

11. Konteebos

Konteebos Traitor Re-joiner

I might go to see Boris on the 17th. No - not our jovial, sociopathic, tousle-haired leader (I'd rather shove wasps up my fundament than go to see him) - the Japanese experimental doom-metal, psychedelic noise-rock band.

12. guey

guey pfm Member

Booked.
    And remembered to book for Jah Wobble in Guildford next March as well (his current band is excellent)

13. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

We saw their gig at the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh last weekend and they were superb. I've been a fan for 30+ years but it's the first time I'd seen them live.

I had tickets for the Barrowlands gig as well however my daughter went to that instead - she also thought they were great.

14. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

Was at the Liquid Rooms too SteveG - thoroughly enjoyed both sets.
    Bonus was bumping into Allan Shedlock in the pit - known him since studying in the mid- eighties, had't seen him for 6 years. His son plays keys/guitar in the Filthy Tongues.
    Some GMM pictures from the night here https://flic.kr/s/aHsmKsmJhw

15. guey

guey pfm Member

Manuel Gottsching playing New Age Of Earth at The Barbican in April

16. guey

guey pfm Member

Hurrah! Nice stalls seats booked

17. guey

guey pfm Member

18. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Trans lives matter

19. claire.foxx

And on Sunday Laurie Anderson Solo at SF Jazz centre. Almost next door to my apartment. Busy weekend. She’s got a week long collaboration and solo residency there.

And yep: also got tix

20. claire.foxx

Some mad live electronic bands and concurrently running DJ live mixes and mashups at Frolic next weekend at the notorious Gay nightclub at SF Eagle.

and yep: going.

[​IMG]