1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Vast Brexit thread merge part I

Discussion in 'off topic' started by russel, Sep 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

That took at least five minutes of your life you won’t get back.

Give it a rest.

kendo and TheDecameron like this.
  2. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Whataboutery taken to a new level. Pathetic. You were asked a straightforward question, athough I think we have seen your slip for sometime. Ends justify any means.

3. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

I go more along the lines of a recession looming in the key countries. And the quantitative easing does not help.

There has been an ill wind for the last two months in germany now for me and a few other retailers I know. France seems to be propping things up for the moment.

4. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

As a quitter I'm afraid your views don't count anyway but you gave me a chortle at the use by a quitter of the phrase "However blindly stupid I think it might be" :D:eek:

5. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis <((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>¸.

such raw anger, such hatred, such...raw aggression. it's visceral. omg ev, you goin' all hulk on their ass?

harctually it's funny, if you change the names, someone was saying similar to me the other day, regarding that rat's nest down in westminster. feeding at the trough and devoid of democratic legitimacy. hey ho

kendo and ks.234 like this.
  6. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

You are correct it is £9 billion a year (although i think it may have gone up this year) but i would rather the money circulated around the UK instead of being handed over to the EU. Macron is suggesting rebates should disappear so the £350 million a week could be an underestimate.

7. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I think you missed out Blofeld and 'Mini Me'.

A hands on _and_ hands off onanists, whatever gets you through the night.

kendo likes this.
  8. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Oh, easy answer to the question. I don't.

I don't provide cover for him, I don't even know him. And I don't trust him to deliver Brexit.

There's a distinction between Johnson and the others, and its important. As voters, we can reach Johnson, and by extension Cumming. Most of the others we can't touch.

9. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

There's degrees of devoid. Westminster is somewhere between ok and alright. Brussels is right out there, beyond the devoid and into the absolute void.

10. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

You are still miles from grasping how small these figures are in the scheme of things: https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7851

From which:
    The above trade is (pretty much) Tarriff Free.

Now..... Why do you want to leave this arrangement?

11. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

Nah the Google Bollocks Generator probably helped him!

12. wacko

wacko pfm Member

What about another distinction ? That no-one (including yourself) has been able to provide a single instance of the EU making your life worse; whereas Johnson, and by extension Cumming et al, are about to make almost everyone in the UK poorer.
    And Yes 'we' can remove them but by then irreversible damage is done.

Covkxw, Wolfmancatsup and andrewd like this.
  13. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

So insightful.:rolleyes:

eternumviti and blossomchris like this.
  14. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

I am now making the assumption that there's no point in ever reading one of your posts again. [in ref to Colin Barron post that mentioned an assumption of his.]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  15. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Can you come up with a way of investing it which will give the return to the UK that our contribution does?
    Do tell, I'm all ears.

16. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Xavier Bettel is as big a bellend as Boris.

eternumviti likes this.
  17. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Wow. Your John Cooper Clark!
    And the UKIP bookie liked your post along with me.

ff1d1l likes this.
  18. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Works well, imagining his voice. Well done

eternumviti likes this.
  19. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Not possible. And anyway he's not.

20. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Please elaborate.

ff1d1l and eternumviti like this.