1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Vast Brexit thread merge part IV

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Oct 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigfredc

thebigfredc pfm Member

Vic and Bob
    Jeff Stirling and Cammie
    Cloughie and Don Reevie
    Captain Cook
    Sydney Harbour Bridge
    Loads of over paid presenters at the BBC

2. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

What was it Clarke said about continuing to feed crocodiles? Something like "one day you run out of buns".

The opposition should make support for the deal conditional on a PV confirmation of Johnson's "deal" v Remain.

Weekender likes this.
  3. thebigfredc

thebigfredc pfm Member

Gail Tynsley’s husband from Corrie and Arther Fowler’s wife from Eastenders

4. thebigfredc

thebigfredc pfm Member

My mam and Dad (both deceased)
    My sister and her husband
    My nieces and cousins

5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

To continue the Telegraphs Shawshank analogy- Johnson emerges from the prison sewer covered in it. Is Arlene Foster waiting with a hose and the invoice? I supposed he’s tried bribery with the DUP, now it might be time for coercion.

6. deanf

deanf pfm Member

So my bet is Johnson puts this to the vote on Saturday (when the markets are closed), he loses but any Tory who doesn’t support it gets deselected, followed by a Brexit Party pact and general election to follow.

Weekender likes this.
  7. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

The parliamentary arithmetic will be interesting for sure. Depends how many Labour mp’s ignore the whip.

Looks like the opposition parties missed their window.

8. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

So, of course, if a deal passes, nothing happens apart from we are out of all the EU decision making processes for two years, while we will have to abide by any new regulations we have no control over.

How will those who think it's 'all over' feel about that? I suspect the Brexiteer press will keep very, very quiet about it.

Stephen

9. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

My guess is it will pass, aided by Labour MPs, which would be interesting considering so many Labour supporters have been telling those of us dubious about Labour that we’re by default Brexit enablers.

10. stephen bennett

11. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

12. Deej

Deej Well-Known Member

Can someone help me? How is Johnson's deal any different to May's and does it not involve a border down the Irish Sea and NI being treated differently to the rest of the UK?

In that context, I can't see how the DUP would support it. Guess the chances of the 'new' deal (rehashed version of May's) getting through parliament hinge on him getting enough support from Tory MPs particularly the ERG lot, and some Labour ones in leave areas.

I reckon he'll probably do it, but regardless of if he gets it through or not, he'll then call a GE and most likely win. God help us all.

13. Konteebos

Konteebos Ignorant Uninformed Hard Remainer

It's the same turd, only with a different colour of glitter on it...

Nick_G, Avinunca, jackbarron and 2 others like this.
  14. Deej

Deej Well-Known Member

Thought so but we're taking back control. So all is okay...

15. stephen bennett

It's the EU deal May (and Johnson and ERG, DUP) rejected in 2018!

I think Bexiteers see it as the last chance to get Brexit done. Leave next week, Majority ina GE after neutering Farage, two years' to prepare for Canada + and try and find a way to wriggle out of the WA.

Stephen

16. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Isn't the view here that BoJo does not want a deal, only to look like he is trying hard, get it rejected, preferably by Parliament, not the EU, and then exit with no deal?

thebigfredc likes this.
  17. thebigfredc

thebigfredc pfm Member

Stretching the analogy a bit but hey why not it’s a great film.

18. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

No, of course they wouldn't;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00084td

The precautionary principle in its broad terms is one of the compelling reasons for the UK to leave the EU.

When I say 'broad terms', I am not, before you all pile in, referring to NI.

19. Konteebos

Konteebos Ignorant Uninformed Hard Remainer

I genuinely believe that he doesn't care - as long as he gets to be the PM.

20. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Can someone help me with the numbers? I don't see how it passes. Labour 'rebels' 20 tops and I seriously doubt that many when push comes to shove. Even with the DUP, doesn't amount to a pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.