1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Vast Brexit thread merge part IV

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Oct 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k4pog

k4pog Trade member

https://www.facebook.com/4985534802...YUjuhB_58dpzuFQnkTzbV_Xm-bkLYSw&__tn__=EEHH-R

ff1d1l likes this.
  2. Steven Toy

Steven Toy L3 Toy

Roll on hydrogen fuel cells.

TheDecameron likes this.
  3. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

As a positive note i do remember reports in the 1970s that there were between 30 to 40 years of oil reserves.
    Hydrogen is the way forward. With zero tariffs it looks like a win for the Japanese/Chinese trojan horse and all for the price of a few bottles of wine and a basket of cheese.

4. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

The Tories must have been crapping themselves, only 4 decades of trampling the lower orders left.

5. SteveT

SteveT pfm Member

Really missed you HarryB you miserable c***. Those three months when you did not post felt like a millennium of misery heaped upon misery without your astute and reasoned input. Load of wannabees trying desperately to match your insight into the World of Westminster and the State of the Nation and failing miserably I hasten to add was all we had to look forward to. Perhaps I will get banned for three months for welcoming you back. Really really missed you.

Joe and tqineil like this.
  6. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Thanks. First time I’ve ever been accused of writing plainly and concisely.

Enjoy it while it lasts. I’m sure I’ll be banned again soon ;-)

7. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

That’s the worse piss take I’ve ever read.

Many thanks.

maxflinn and TheDecameron like this.
  8. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

And Michael Foot: a vision of the future.

9. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

Still another 14 months before No Deal’s off the table.

And an impossible amount of work to avoid an extension beyond 31 October. I’d rather go back to discussing the relative merits of Jethro Tull albums.

stephen bennett and TheDecameron like this.
  10. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

There’s something sad about you that I haven’t ( and I’m not sure I’d want to) quite got to the bottom of. As if it was the last thing someone in your shoes should be doing- sucking up to a far right, anti foreigner government. What is it?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    rbrown likes this.
  11. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Financial Times analysis claiming Johnson will get his deal through. They reckon ten Labour votes for deal and one Lib Dem.

12. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

So as long predicted Labour are the Brexit enablers after all

13. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

14. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Is that enough? That must assume most if not all the whipless Tories are on board plus most of the ex-Labour lot (Field, Leslie etc).

15. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Mmm. We'll have to see.

Jack

16. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

The clues are the words ‘claim’ and ‘reckon’. The FT might be wrong but Labour haters like you will always grasp at straws.

Hundreds of Tories (a huge proportion who previously voted against a deal) back Boris but according to you it’s all Labour’s fault. Ridiculous.

Covkxw likes this.
  17. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

I think they’re claiming all whipless Tories bar three. And all ex Labour.

I think it’s bollocks. They’re just guessing to give them a story.

The Letwin amendment will waltz through I think.

18. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Given that Labour are whipping hard against the deal, I'd say that's harsh.

But if you want to indulge in cheap point scoring at a time of national crisis, the percentage of of LDs in favour is greater than the percentage of Labour MPs (based on FT figures). I tried a while ago to dial down my criticism of the LDs because the consequences of a hard Brexit and a five more years of far-right Tory rule are so catastrophic, but posts like this make it really difficult.

I truly believe the opposition parties and their supporters need to stop sniping at each other given the crisis we face.

19. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Get a room.

HarryB likes this.
  20. -alan-

-alan- pfm Member

Forgive me as a foreigner for saying it - but having a look at the make-up of the HoC these days, and the divisions they have created out there in the electorate, it looks like you have many more decades worth of oiks coming along behind.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.