1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Vast Brexit thread merge part IV

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Oct 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puddlesplasher

puddlesplasher pfm Member

I vote leave, reluctantly, but I did. I believe there should be a 2nd referendum. The whole country, including politicians, had a vote to leave. Then Parliament came up with two versions of leave of which I dislike both. Parliament voted on those deals and many of them explain that people haven't changed their minds. How is it that some politicians changed their minds and have had the opportunity to vote five times but I only get the one. Do you really want to leave with a bad deal. It seems to me that the "English National Party" who call themselves the Unionist & Conservative Party are screwing over the Northern Irish now and the Scottish will be next.

2. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Let's see. The judge might just be a Tory...

3. twotone

twotone pfm Member

"The Court of Session has a unique power known as "nobile officium" - or "nob off" to legal insiders - which is not available to the English and Welsh courts and allows it to appoint an official in an emergency situation to carry out a mandatory responsibility which a public servant has failed to perform."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...eu-letter-john-bercow-deal-vote-a9163081.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...t-scotland-high-court-extension-a9148691.html

4. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Yes mate, I know all that - there's a real question though about how much the Court will be willing to get involved. Which club does the judge belong to, who went to his old school etc etc. Look at the clowns who locked up the Birmingham Six and the Guildford Four, they don't give a stuff about the Law - it's a class thing.

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Newsnight is quality, we have Alistair Campbell defending the wonderful people’s vote march he helped organise, and for balance Isobel ‘fraudulent Leave.EU campaign’ Oakeshott and some failed Apprentice candidate with a comedy regional accent. Public service broadcasting at its finest...

HarryB likes this.
  6. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Yes I completely agree and Edinburgh juries and judges are a bit odd, we had the fairly recent ludicrous decision of a court in Edinburgh to find a guy not guilty of assaulting Neil Lennon, the Celtic manager during his first managerial spell with the club, in front of a live TV audience so you are talking to the converted here.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment...ennon-assault-case-an-incredible-verdict.html

gavreid likes this.
  7. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

The Tory Party has shifted to the right. That is the territory of racists and bigots and you know it.

What do you mean by “my usual readership/noshers”

Why would I get barred. Dealing with your right wing bullshit is more likely to win me an award.

PS You definitely need a new pic. It is it’s a kind of image that your posts merely amplify ;-)

8. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

That really was grim. Especially that business woman. Was she on The Apprentice? That would explain a lot.

9. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Why are Tories generally such obnoxious bastards. Today I’ve heard Ian Duncan Smith, Steve Baker, Private Francois and Dominic Rabb. All of them pretty odious human brings.

What makes people vote for such unpleasant individuals.

Brian, irons1965 and martin clark like this.
  10. Minio

Minio pfm Member

Definitely not. And not funny either.

Nor is gloating over the failure to progress a withdrawal agreement that could end all this sh** not only for us but the EU too.

If Corbyn would help get this out of the way he'd get more electoral support and be in a better position to fight for the workers rights he believes are so sacred.

Using Brexit to prop up shallow unrealistic arguments does little for a party I might otherwise find a vote for.

k4pog likes this.
  11. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Would "the dog ate it" work ? Always worked for Boris before.

TheDecameron and thebigfredc like this.
  12. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Yes, she described herself as “a businesswoman” on The Apprentice and has been dining out on it ever since from what I can tell, but I really don’t follow these things (I often catch the last five minutes of the ‘You’re Fired’ program waiting for Newsnight, but no more than that).

PS Did anyone catch Rees Mogg walking home with his freak child? Think ‘Mini Me’ off Austin Powers, but in the form of a skinny greasy haired child in a shit business suit. It would make for a terrifying Halloween stunt, but on balance Social Services should be called. It just isn’t right.

13. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Great. Just vote through any crock of shit and to hell with any consequences down the line. And hey ho we know we can trust Boris. Just ask his wife. Or his brother. Or his sister. Or his daughter who no longer speaks to him.

irons1965 likes this.
  14. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Was it young Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher Rees-Mogg or Tom Wentworth Dunstable Rees-Mogg?

15. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

Sorry don’t have a pic, I only saw it on the Parliamentary channel.

HarryB likes this.
  16. deanf

deanf pfm Member

Haha, definitely the next generation coming through. I was just saying if you saw that kid walking down the high street in Huddersfield and didn’t know who he was, you’d say why is Jacob Rees-Mogg's kid walking down the high street in Huddersfield?!

HarryB likes this.
  17. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Yes, why did all these Tories decide to walk back to their second home tonight? They take the chauffeur driven car on every other occasion.

and why was the Rees Mogg sprogg there? Was it a bring your child to work day? We’re each and every one of the nannies off sick? No.

I thought it criminal when one of Mogg kids was abused in the street by some nutter a few months ago, but today Mogg was shamelessly exploiting his kids for a cheap coordinated photo opportunity

HarryB likes this.
  18. Deej

Deej pfm Member

I'm all for the action by the MPs today. Rightly they will not approve any deal until no-deal is ruled out.

HarryB likes this.
  19. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

this never-ending brexit feels like tantric sex, but without the sex.

20. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Yep, we’ve all fallen for a Sting.

vuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.