1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Vast Brexit thread merge part V

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Oct 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

What was his reason for voting leave, do you know?

Stephen

2. Darmok

Darmok "A Priori Teleology."

fify

3. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Possibly the arrival of cheap as chips flat screen TVs and DAB radios from China. Repair work dried up thanks to those bloody foreigners and their fancy electronic gadgets.

4. matt j

matt j pfm Member

I've said it before but my old man worked for British Gas for 50 years, 25 of those also as a retained Firefighter, was a GMB rep at BG, staunch Labour supporter and voter, local Labour councillor throughout the 80s, we'd regularly get dragged to the Miner's Welfare when Dennis Skinner was talking.

He's now full blown gammon, thinks the sun shines out of Farage's arse and couldn't wait to vote leave, thinks Trump is great etc. He's a bright bloke so I don't know what has gone wrong, probably just typical old age Right Wing disease, he's embarrassing to talk/listen to these days. Although he is a bit of a misogynistic racist so there's probably that.

5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Well, that's got me foxed. I can't see any correlation between his career, diverse talents nor racist bias or lack of. His age and experience may have been a factor, possibly.Maybe I've missed the fact that radio and TV engineers voted almost unanimously to leave.

HarryB likes this.
  6. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

That is really, really funny but haven’t you got anything better to do on this gloomy Sunday in late October? :)

PS 77.3% of self employed carpet fitters voted to leave, 99% of costermongers wanted to remain while a mere 12% of farriers even bothered to vote. Also, I have no idea whatsoever why Princess Michael of Kent has a man’s name.

Mike Reed likes this.
  7. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Rachel? Seriously? You missed a huge opportunity with that post.

Should have signed off as (cathode) Ray.

HarryB likes this.
  8. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

I believe there's a significant pro-Leave bias among street urchins, lamplighters and knocker-uppers, as well.

HarryB likes this.
  9. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Not sure if you'll get an answer Stephen. I asked him about why his friends living in Portugal voted leave and the silence was deafening. Ironic really, after he made a comment about remainers going silent after his post that not all leavers are racists. Which I agree with, btw.

HarryB likes this.
  10. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

There's a trend emerging, isn't there. Fred seems to be surrounded by people who buck the typical Leave stereotype. Makes you wonder.

HarryB likes this.
  11. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

The father in law was undecided until a big central heating job he was doing went wrong. He was in a state of flux until then;-)

12. Darmok

Darmok "A Priori Teleology."

Nematode.

Covkxw and ff1d1l like this.
  13. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

Imagina - ray friends?

Covkxw, ff1d1l, Rob998 and 1 other person like this.
  14. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

...but he soldered on...

roman, Covkxw, ff1d1l and 2 others like this.
  15. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

The wit is going down the tubes.

16. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

He went with the flow.

17. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

I think I called out big Ray as a gammon troll about two weeks ago. He’s posted nothing since to dissuade me.

18. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49798197
    https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-conservative-party-15-points-ahead-of-labour
    The polls agree with you.

19. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

Then did you wake up in your arm chair?

20. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Every time I see this thread listed in Off Topic, it keeps appearing as “Vast Brexit Merd Thread V”.

Nick_G likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.