1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Vast Brexit thread merge part V

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Oct 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

Colin B,
    UK GDP is US$2.83 T (2018). Johnson's Brexit will reduce GDP by 5%, that's $140 Bn per year.
    Our contribution to the EU budget is about $19 bn.
    You work it out and stop whining on (and on and on) about simple-things you are clearly unable to grasp.

2. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

Er, that's 5% over 10 years (figures vary depending on whose study you are reading). Although I take your point that the other Colin doesn't know what he is talking about.

HarryB and ian123running like this.
  3. ian123running

ian123running pfm Member

Colin Barron this is ridiculous. I feel you have completely ignored all my and others’ posts on the funding topic.

HarryB likes this.
  4. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

They have chauffeur driven cars. They chose not to use them.

TheDecameron likes this.
  5. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

It's bewildering isn't it. No matter how many ways it's explained it simply does not sink in!

HarryB likes this.
  6. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

Not ignored, i just don't believe the doom and gloom figures with so many variables that no one has any idea what will happen in the future. Predictions in 2016 of a deep recession, increase unemployment and increased inflation did not happen.

7. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

*facepalm*

HarryB likes this.
  8. ian123running

ian123running pfm Member

Colin I’ve not said anything about predictions. You endlessly go on about vast sums of money sent to the EU. Calm down about that - the sums are really small whether in terms of the national accounts, or as contribution per person or taxpayer. And it’s great value as an investment.

9. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

It’s always take away the number you first thought of and the answers Brexit.

10. TheDecameron

It’s called party political trolling.

Covkxw and HarryB like this.
  11. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

tiggers, andrewd, kendo and 5 others like this.
  12. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

Have you had enough of experts?

13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Indeed. Facepalm Sunday.

14. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

It's not unusual for people to suspend their critcal faculties (assuming they have any) when they want to believe something to be true/not true. But you do keep peddling things that are demonstrably not the case. For a start, the predictions you refer to as doom and gloom are in large part underway and have been ever since.

The more pessimistic cases were based on Cameron and Osborne's assertion that they would trigger A50 immediately. This was a stupid thing to threaten and you may have noticed, was not actually completed until nearly a year later, although still stupidly early with absolutely no plan. There was also the immediate and swift measures taken by Carney who, depite being the enemy of Brexiteers for actually knowing what he talks about, took immediate and rather drastic steps to mitigate risks albeit at longer term cost.

So yes Colin, things could have been even worse. Glad you feel that is such a vindication of your casual relationship with facts and totally unfounded optimism.

15. deanf

deanf pfm Member

16. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Well, maybe find yourself a faith based forum to post on. This one respects facts and the near certainties that follow on from facts.

TheDecameron, Colin L and HarryB like this.
  17. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Plus of course, we haven't actually left yet.

TheDecameron likes this.
  18. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Indeed. You and your details. :)

HarryB, TheDecameron and MikeMA like this.
  19. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

Regarding Colin B o_Oo_Oo_O

[​IMG]

20. TheDecameron

Does Wetherspoons have a forum? When you’ve had enough of what Baron Mullet is offering, you’ll believe anything.

HarryB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.