1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Vehicle GPS trackers - any recommendations?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by JTC, Feb 11, 2019.

1. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Just bought a van. Want a tracker. Don't want to spend a fortune if I can help it, but most important is being able to track the vehicle should it be stolen. Plenty of devices on Amazon from around £40-100, plus annual tracking charges. Any good?

2. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

3. Sonority

Sonority pfm Member

Dual band, ie, not just cellular, which can be hidden by placing in container or underground car park.
    If you are going to do it - do it right or waste your pennies.

gintonic likes this.
  4. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

spot on. Occasionally (once maybe twice a year) I get a call from the tracking co, when they lose the signal when I go to a deep underground carpark.

5. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

There was a time when such devices would raise serious questions about privacy. Where are the pinkos now we need them ?

6. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

True, you could just paint an ISIS flag on the roof of your car and MI5 will track it for free.

7. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

Check out Automatrics on YouTube, I believe they start below £100.

8. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Not what you're after, but a guy I work with bought a cellular one for £10 for when his lad uses his car, seems to work fine, better than expected actually and gives accurate location information.

Obviously I assume for insurance purposes, rather than idol curiosity, it needs to be an approved one fitted by the right people.