1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Very early Rega

Discussion in 'Interesting eBay auctions' started by Tony L, May 10, 2020.

1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

2. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

What a lovely thing.

3. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Not really into looks at all, but that looks to be a near pristine example of a cracking-looking bit of kit.

I wonder what it sounds like!!

4. andvinylly

andvinylly hit that long lunar note

i have one of these upstairs in bits,i always assumed that the aluminium platter and sub chassis were the result of being modified,i should try and resurrect it,though mine came with a Rega r 200 tonearm,so maybe not completely original

5. James46

James46 The Crystal Method

Personally, I wouldn't touch it without the original arm in place. I have the original arm on a later Planar 2 (the wood surround one), but if you end up selling it, very difficult without the arm. Certainly not £400 worth without the arm.

6. andvinylly

andvinylly hit that long lunar note

i bought it cos i thought it would be fairly easy to put it back to an original Rega Planar 2 which i always liked the look of,even with the Rega arm it should sound OK,it just needs a new on/off switch.I was just surprised it was such an early and supposedly rare variant of such a good deck,i think the prices for Acos Lustre arms seem to be on the rise,at present