1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Wam on the verge of change

Discussion in 'off topic' started by whatsnext, Jul 7, 2018.

1. GJO

GJO pfm Member

Yep the biggest troll and possibly the most banned member ever,can't quite believe they let him back.

2. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

I can only presume a ban on Wigwam is not a long term thing then if someone has the title of 'most banned member ever' ?

3. GJO

GJO pfm Member

I did say possibly.

4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

What concept were you floating? If it wasn’t fettling your kit, offering free deliveries of giveaway items from Penzance to Sheffield or sweary parking stories involving a knuckle duster to the genitalia, then I could see why it wouldn’t gain any traction.

5. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Did they charge for this?

TheDecameron likes this.
  6. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

I haven't looked at the wam for over a year and have no interest in it anymore but there are people who still like it so good for them.

If you don't like it don't visit, I fail to see why people are bleating like spoilt brats over a forum nobody is forcing them to visit or use.

MVJ, Mr Cat and crimsondonkey like this.
  7. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

8. Duvet

Duvet Idiot

At some point in life you have to draw a line under things and move on . Anything else is just not healthy

MVJ, GJO, crimsondonkey and 2 others like this.
  9. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

The word desperation springs to mind.

10. Mick P

Mick P Retired and content

Totally agree.

Everyone who visits any forum should realise (unless they are mega thick) that no one gives a tinkers cuss what they think. The objectivists think the subjectivist are disillusioned and vice versa. The lefties think the right wingers are self centered and vice versa. The cable enthusiasts will be arguing with each other until the day they drop. No one agrees with anyone on social media.

I am right and you lot are useless morons. Once you accept that mantra you will remain cool and calm. If you don't accept it, you will become irritated by other peoples point of view and spend far to long on your PC.

If one forum goes down, another will come along with the same contributors. We lot can float from one to the other like butterflies, so why worry about it.

Wam may sink or it may swim and no one will be affected by that in any shape or form except the poor mug who tried to set it up and it's his funeral, not yours. I suspect that if it does sink, we have done the poor bugger a favour.

Regards

Mick

Goldenmouse, Rob998 and crimsondonkey like this.
  11. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Absolutely spot on. The clique pop up now and again on here with their poison and bile. Like I said oddballs.

Mr Cat likes this.
  12. wammer

wammer Member

Those values went years ago imo, and you guys either fought a valiant and long term battle to revive them, or were misguided..

MVJ likes this.
  13. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

maybe they don't know him..? but wonder how his return came about as I'd never heard of him on any forums for years now..

14. TheDecameron

On the verge. Are we talking menopause now?

15. tones

tones Tones deaf

I found this so amazing that I had to go back and look! Sure enough. Reminds me of The Ballad of Rudolf Hucker, which I wrote at the time:

Born in the darkest depths of old UK

Went to Sweden for floors to lay

Laid also wife and soon there were three

Built him a house from big long bits of tree

Rudooooolf, Rudolf Hucker!

Wildest hi-fi frontier!

Got him a hi-fi and began to hear

An obsession that was soon to cost him dear

Hated the Sondek, of that there’s no doubt

But needed to buy four to find it out

Wildest hi-fi frontier!

Told it like it was (at least in his view)

Those who said otherwise got short shrift too

Had enough loitering within tent

Formed him a forum and so off he went

Wildest hi-fi frontier!

His forum’s the loudest and (so he says) best

Made from folk who’re banned from all the rest

Plus lotsa cranks and weirdos as well

Creating an audiophool version of hell!

Wildest hi-fi frontier!

Rockmeister, Rob998, GJO and 4 others like this.
  16. TheDecameron

I don’t know who he is but that’s very good.

17. tones

tones Tones deaf

He was famous (notorious?) for his hatred of the Linn Sondek, which he disparaged endlessly - but then revealed that he'd owned four of the things (sequentially, not simultaneously)! I think he ended up with an SME of some sort.

18. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

I think you'd get on well with him.. :)

19. tones

tones Tones deaf

Thank you. It's one of the Tones Hi-Fi Songbook items (there were 80 at last count!) with which I won't bore you, except with my favourite Upgrading Song:

Dough for gear, that’s really dear

’Ray! From better up to best!

Me, for me, ‘cos I can hear

Far, far better than the rest

So, why needled, filled with dread?

La-tterly heard better, so

Tee-tering on new upgrade

Which shall bring us back to dough-oh-oh-oh

20. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

And don't forget his slavish adoration of the Citroen Berlingo!

GJO and Duvet like this.