1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Way to go Greta

Discussion in 'off topic' started by ff1d1l, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Just allow me to ask, what is the difference between a literalist and a kleptomaniac?

A literalist cannot help taking things literally, whilst a kleptomaniac can't help taking things, literally.

2. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

3. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

I am disappoint. I can do as well as that whale, especially first thing in the morning after I have been on the lentils.

4. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Awwwwww. Beurrgh. Aww. ****.

5. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

< Steve in the morning after the lentils >

< / Steve in the morning after the lentils >

Joe

6. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

Whoop! Whoop!
    It's the empathy police.

Word to the wise: don't get into arguments with people who make/serve you food and drink.

martin clark likes this.
  7. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Is this you?

8. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Well, I'm not that fat, and I try not to follow through, but after chickpea dhal I might get close.

9. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Bizarre Happenings in the Far North: Lightning, Tropical Moisture, and More

[​IMG]

Above: In this image taken on Thursday, August 1, 2019, large rivers of melting water form on an ice sheet in western Greenland and drain into moulin holes that empty into the ocean from underneath the ice. The heat dome that smashed high temperature records in five European countries a week ago moved over Greenland in late July and early August, accelerating the melting of the island's ice sheet and causing massive ice loss in the Arctic. Image credit: Caspar Haarløv, Into the Ice via AP.

You’ll have to forgive the Arctic. It’s had a rough summer. Sea ice is running neck and neck with 2012 for the lowest values on record for this time of year. Wildfires are ringing the Arctic, pouring more carbon dioxide into the air than in any comparable period in 17 years of satellite observing. Alaska saw its hottest month by far in almost a century of recordkeeping. And a surge of warm air with origins in last month’s record-devouring European heat wave pushed across Greenland at the end of July, melting 55 million tons of sea ice in five days. That’s an unprecedented rate in satellite records, according to the European Union’s Copernicus project, and more than three times the average melt rate for 1981-2010.

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/B...Tropical-Moisture-and-More?cm_ven=cat6-widget

10. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

Steve, remind me not to take you to the Bengal Brasserie next time you're down here...
    ATB.

[& I forego the obvs 'that's no moon' combined response to JoeP & Rich...]

stevec67 likes this.
  11. Still

Plastic particles falling out of sky with snow in Arctic

Locals are 'sad' about the changes in the Arctic they've seen Even in the Arctic, microscopic particles of plastic are falling out of the sky with snow, a study has found.
    The scientists said they were shocked by the sheer number of particles they found: more than 10,000 of them per litre in the Arctic.
    It means that even there, people are likely to be breathing in microplastics from the air - though the health implications remain unclear.
    The region is often seen as one of the world's last pristine environments. A German-Swiss team of researchers has published the work in the journal Science Advances.
    The scientists also found rubber particles and fibres in the snow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49295051

12. guey

guey pfm Member

13. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Still likes this.
  14. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

I've only seen the quotes of his tweet (I don't have Twitter), but was he actually hoping for/advocating her drowning, as the reactions claim? Or was he just being unbelievably crass? Not a good thing, but not the same, if that is the case.
    BTW, not a supporter or fan of Banks.

15. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

16. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

He’s only saying what thousands of middle aged blokes is thinking. A man can’t speak his mind in this country anymore.

Still likes this.
  17. Still

Are there any incels here?

TheDecameron likes this.
  18. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

I’ve taken heat for negativity with two female figureheads, and even though I know misogyny has nothing to do with it, I’d never given it much thought.

After thinking about it, I definitely felt some contempt, but it wasn't for the women. My negativity in the case of Cortez was for how progressives will, with the scrutiny of a Trumper, lionize liberal personalities in what amounts to a meme-like wave. And because that’s such an obvious double standard coming from the vacuum of intellectual superiority in which much of liberal progressivism lives, I can’t help but bang on it because double standards always hit a nerve.

With Thunberg, I never questioned her motivations because someone, anyone, needs to draw focus to climate collapse. But I do often take a cynical stance, and I always do when media rolls out its glom patrol. And so I can relate to the distrust of saints expressed by Cheese.

Still likes this.
  19. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

The MGTOW dudes are a dysfunctionally richer vein.

Still likes this.
  20. guey

guey pfm Member

Difficult to get tone from a tweet; but the range of options from crass "joke" to "I've enough money to get you offed" does him no favours, to put it mildly.