1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

We need to talk about Morrissey... again

Discussion in 'music' started by Tony L, May 14, 2019.

1. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

It’s mental health week, he’s only a skinbag.

2. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

Indeed. I loved the Smiths but Morrissey always was, and always will be, a knob.

3. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Vauxhall & I was a great album.

Morrissey has proved to a massive disappointment particularly as a human being for as far as I can remember.

4. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

this... seems too many people get hung up on the artists and forget the music, and as a result dislike the music because of this...bono and chris martin are classic examples, I love their early stuff.. :)

5. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe either of those two hold right wing views??

6. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

probably not - but people are always moaning about them..

7. Joe

Joe pfm Member

Are they not allowed to hold views that you don't approve of ?

8. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Never suggested anything of the case.

There's a world of difference between Morrissey's ugly, separatist rants and anything that comes out of the other two's mouths....Everyone should be made accountable for what is said though.

9. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

10. Nytechy

Nytechy pfm Member

Can't help thinking that without Johnny Marr's geetar prowess, Morrisey would still be best known for writing whiney letters to the NME. The Other Two would probably have become a rhythm section for hire.

11. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

None of the band has gone on to greater things so I don't think this is fair. They were just better than the sum of their parts.

Weekender likes this.
  12. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

We really don't need to talk about Morrissey, now or ever again. He's a knobend who happened to turn out some decent pop music about 35 years ago. Enjoy the music if you like, ignore the present man.

nobeone, lazycat, Durmbo and 2 others like this.
  13. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Good lord, No!

14. Natara

Natara pfm Member

He must have really, really strong views on imported meat products I beat a Spanish Chorizo or a Polish sausage would have him frothing at the mouth.

15. DavidS

DavidS pfm Member

I have recently sold all my Morrissey and Smiths album out of disgust , the Morrissey albums seem to fetch a lot for some reason.

16. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

Many of them released when people were buying CD's so not many vinyl copies about.

17. musiclover

musiclover whatisinanaim

Very Disappointing but not surprising.

18. Elkjær

Elkjær pfm Member

I still love the lyrics and music, very much. I Mean i grew up with his music and he was there when My first true love left me. He is provoking and he crosses the line. I think he needs to put on some charm again. But selling My Records, never.

19. Tim Jones

Tim Jones pfm Member

I find statements like this very depressing, and evidence of a fundamental misunderstanding of how words work. 2+2 = 4 is a fact (or, if you want get Fregean, and epistemic about it, an enigma). Your statement simply is an opinion.

I agree that, in context the Smiths were great. That is not inconsistent with the opinion that Morrissey's lyrics sometimes let down Marr's arrangements very badly - "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" being the most egregious example. Nonetheless, that is my opinion. It is not a "fact".

Joe and saturn9 like this.
  20. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

A bit of charm won't cut it. He's turned into a nasty right wing twat. Nothing less than a complete and honest volte-face allied to a full apology for all his right-wing shit will convince me he's any better than Yaxley-Lennon.

I adored The Smiths. Morrissey is utterly lost to me.