1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you doing to minimise catching or spreading Covid-19

Discussion in 'off topic' started by bob, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Gaycha

Gaycha pfm Member

If you were in there for deep cleaning, yes.

2. bob

bob pfm Member

Mercadona, Carrefour, El Corte Ingles all have the same set up in place. If it's not happening in Britain yet it surely will in the coming weeks.

3. Gaycha

Gaycha pfm Member

It has been suggested that men (ok women too, lets not be discriminatory) should consider removing beards asap, as these can trap germs, increasing infection likelihood.

It could be a wind up...

4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I don’t see why it shouldn’t be happening right now here! There’s a Mercadona right next to Lidl in Aracena and they have slightly different procedures I heard.

bob likes this.
  5. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

6. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

nup it's true, beards and body hair going to be banned from next week. Anyone not complying will be publically shaved and deported to London

7. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Just had a row with the youngest because I've barred him from going out with friends tomorrow.

8. gintonic

c'mon he is 32 isn't he?

9. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

18 going on 32.

gintonic likes this.
  10. Joe

Joe pfm Member

In answer to the OP.......

Staying in and away from contact with others and drinking quite a few Rusty Nails a night.*

* it helps to have ( as I do ) your own still.:rolleyes:

I brew sanitiser 5l at a time.:)

bob likes this.
  11. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

Did someone say France was in lockdown? 15th March 2020 (lock down started after this--Tuesday)

12. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

That last article is interesting but I'd question their statistics. 2-4% death rate? Really? The info on the chances of severe symptoms is a bit worrying though given that I have a heart murmur.

13. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

Thanks for letting me know. We will be having a whole family body hair removing session (including eyebrows) later today in the garden. I've never shaved a baby before, but I'm sure it will go OK.

;-)

gintonic likes this.
  14. gintonic

try a potato peeler

foxwelljsly likes this.
  15. Heckyman

Heckyman pfm Member

I think it's based on the Chinese data. The true fatality rate will vary wildly depending on how many people with infections (including mild or asymptomatic) actually become "cases" with a positive test...the percentages in the data thus reflect more the testing strategy than the lethality of the virus.

The way I get my head around all this is to think as follows. Your personal risk is probably less than you would think by looking at the % data, but the collective risk is probably greater due to the high absolute numbers of severe cases in a short period of time.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  16. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

Your health risk of watching the doom and gloom on the tv is probably far greater than dying from the virus.

17. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

I see no date on that

18. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

It looks like my daughter (last year of her Nursing degree) is being called up to help care for patients with Covid-19

I hope she gets paid for it

Her daughter may get access to school, unsure at the mo.

19. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

The French are always good at protesting. Burning a few cars or lorryloads of sheep is all part of the game.

20. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

Stated 15th March 2020
    This was the 14th March 2020