1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gerard124, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Very close - I'd did it in a style similar to Depeche Mode's Speak and Spell album - a favourite of mine.

2. Unfortunately I’m still working (public transport) thankfully footfall is down about 98% Unfortunate that some are still coming out for no reason putting me at risk.

matt j likes this.
  3. Bart

Bart pfm Member

Putting plinths on my two current Lencos. I always enjoy this because every time I lose one or both channels and/or a thundering earth hum appears so I have to spend the rest of the day sorting that out.

4. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

There's 5 million self employed in the UK - 20 million on PAYE. I've personally paid more in tax over the last 20 years than many will in their lives. Thanks Boris.

I've therefore invested in a darts board, some arrows and printed a decent picture of the blonde one.

Snufkin likes this.
  5. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

Are you out of hospital now Roger?

Roger Adams likes this.
  6. Peter McDermott

Peter McDermott pfm Member

Listening to Aphex Twin's Drukqs. Again an album I haven't played in years, never through my current system, so that's interesting (to me).

7. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

I'm still quite busy with work but if it quiets down I'm going to finally put some effort into learning the guitar, especially as my son is staying here for the duration of the lockdown and can teach me.

8. eisenach

eisenach European

Tidying up the garden and starting to dig the vegetable patch now that it's dried out a bit. Because we're such useless harvesters, I've turned up quite a useful haul of last year's potatoes, still mostly sound and good-looking.
    After that, a bit of reading in the sun. I forewent the glass(es) of wine as stocks are low.

9. SteveT

SteveT pfm Member

On Monday after the news I shot off to Homebase and got a load of painting and decorating stuff fearing that they would be closed down for the foreseeable future.

I am starting at the top of the house and working my way down. Tomorrow I should have finished painting all the ceilings upstairs and then I shall begin downstairs on Friday. I am then going to start on all the woodwork, again from top to bottom and then hope that my local DIY/Homebase store will be open so that I can get some paint mixed up to do the walls.

As an aside I have been listening to a lot of Miles Davis on Spotify whilst painting and this has made the chore more tolerable. No adverts, no inane drivel just great music. Shopping basket has got two items in it so far....

10. timH

timH Senior Moment Member

I’d go a bit slower if I were you ;)

11. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

12. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

He can always do a Forth Bridge...

13. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

Yes but maybe I shouldn't be as I could swear I answered you :) With me it's usually all hands on deck. A broken door frame, ambulance trip and then boredom. You just get to see what's happening. Thanks for asking .

You just see the "clean" and "dirty" entrances. Similar separation of ambulances and staff - but only for shifts. The issue that struck me was the queue to report symptoms - only to be told to go home and isolate for 14 days. At the end of that, you are supposed to isolated a further 7 days and only call an ambulance or call back in if you almost cannot breathe.

This without being tested but coming in with the entire family - all unprotected many many times. How long this will go on is surely anyone's guess?

14. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

Only after he's got the first three out if the way.

[​IMG]

Weekender, Rob998 and ff1d1l like this.
  15. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

I started properly on clearing out the shed and garage today, now the greenhouse is sorted. I now have some lettuce, spinach and assorted "leaves" on the go in a raised bed adjacent the greenhouse. Tomorrow I'll be setting up some tomato plants on the window sill while continuing with the shed and garage.

I'm really getting into this now. I'll have a few things to flog at the end of all this de-cluttering as I've decided to get rid of the results of the hoarding I've been doing over the years. Notably a defective Pioneer A400, a couple of Rotel 965's CDPs, a small pair of Mission speakers, Naim NACA4, various valves and a few other odds and sods.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 7:29 AM
  16. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

I've got the 90s on the phone; they want their HiFi back. :p

TheDecameron, deebster and Brian like this.
  17. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

The A4 is from 1985. Montrose, bought with a 42.5/110.

cctaylor and Seeker_UK like this.
  18. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Been cooking a stew
    [​IMG]

rbrown, Mark Grant, russel and 5 others like this.
  19. Jonn

Jonn Tons of Trouble

Not for much longer, there’s a frost forecasted ;)

20. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley