1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gerard124, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

That would undoubtedly help to get me through.

2. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

I don't actually know what I'm doing, but they're covered with a plastic cloche that I hope is enough. It looks similar to the one below.

If I've messed it up I'll have to start again.:(

[​IMG]

3. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

I thought I would spend the time listening to music as I usually do. Iive quite near to the Cliveden Road though which, over the last 15 years, has gone from a quiet backroad to an essential cut through for Range Rovers and X5's in particular.

I've therefore stopped listening for a change and just soaked up the sound of silence for a few days. I enjoy it when overseas (although there often it is accompanied by the sounds of birds and insects). This is almost pure silence though. Wonderfully calming.

4. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

5. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

No, now we are largely grounded I seem to have settled in to the historical second sleep routine that humans had for millennia when we were ruled by natural and not artificial light.
    Look it up.
    It’s quite interesting.

Roger Adams and Weekender like this.
  6. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

yawn

7. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

8. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

there are probably instructional videos on YouTube. What’s the worst that could happen!?

tqineil likes this.
  9. calorgas

calorgas Ratty bumpkin

So far. I've made a new pair of stands for my speakers, using some table legs from a dining room table I dismantled about 2 years ago :)
    If things get desperate, I may wash my car (as it won't get dirty again for a-g-e-s).
    If things get really desperate, I may wash my other half's car (this is a serious undertaking in any circumstances).

lordsummit likes this.
  10. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Working my way through the out of date, undated and anonymous foil packages in the freezer while working from home. Looking like chicken korma today. Followed by salmon korma. Followed by meatball korma.

Stuart Frazer and matt j like this.
  11. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Sounds like you've been backed into a korma.

12. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Day 10 in the Big Brother Corona House...

13. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

Things will never get that desperate. I wash my car regularly every six months or so, provided it hasn’t had a natural rain wash in the interim.

wiresandmore likes this.
  14. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

Followed by salmonella korma.

15. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

I think I must have a degree of immunity from a bout of bad salmonella about 20 years ago. Not much seems to affect me.

16. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

17. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

Oh wow, good korma, man. Far out!

calorgas and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  18. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

I was dithering over what approach to take modifying the front baffle of some tannoys to take different drivers and missed the timber yards before they all closed so that's on hold but I've bought a telescope(Skymax 127-az gti wifi) to occupy me while I go semi nocturnal, we also have a long yard, a crossbow pistol and a dart board....

19. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

Campylobacter poisoning will certainly reduce the amount of food you require.

20. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Cardiologists are putting in advance orders for their next yacht.