1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now #54

Discussion in 'music' started by robs, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Dozey

Dozey Air guitar member

Michael Jackson Beat it - followed of course by Weird Al Yankovic Eat it. Epic!

Big Tabs likes this.
  2. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

So epic that it is on Epic! (label)

3. Big Tabs

4. guey

guey pfm Member

Big Tabs likes this.
  5. Big Tabs

Yeah that is a great album as well. One Step Ahead... always felt a more developed sound to my ears. Love it anyhoos.
    I was lucky enough to see him at the Jazz Cafe ages ago, then saw him in Derby I think on the same tour? He was great live and is doing small gigs in the U.S. still I believe.

6. guey

guey pfm Member

I've just had a quick look at his facebook page; and there's a dropbox link to a live recording on there.
    I'll be grabbing that when I get home.
    I'm pretty sure I saw him at The Old Trout in Windsor maaaaaaany years ago

7. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Never thought of ZTT & SAPJ together but it certainly makes sense Seeker.

I had a nice little note from Peter when I bought this and their 2007 SAPJ release on line at that time - Any ideas of where they've got to since?...No info anywhere since Peter shut the fan page down which is much the pity.

8. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

I know very little about them beyond the album and an interview /review in Electronics & Music Maker when the singles came out.

9. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

This - just on my pc system

[​IMG]

10. TomF

TomF pfm Member

William Prince - Earthly Days

It sounded better when I was drinking wine while sitting beside the fire when visiting my parents over Christmas. Actually it’s distinctly underwhelming.

11. guey

guey pfm Member

The Undisputed Truth - Higher Than High, a lovely original promo copy that 'im indoors got me for Christmas.

12. guey

guey pfm Member

Deadbeat - Walls And Dimensions Instrumentals, available for a ridiculous £1.07 for the album on Qobuz.
    As is his collaboration with Matthew Jonson, The Mole, and Hreno, Units And Measurements
    I'd suggest any fans of dubby techno have a listen

13. poco a poco

poco a poco pfm Member

Purcell - Dido & Aeneas. Taverner Choir & Players / Andrew Parrott. BBC 1994 CD.

14. formbypc

formbypc pfm Member

Miles Davis - In a Silent Way

mikechadwick likes this.
  15. poco a poco

poco a poco pfm Member

Lee Konitz, Brad Mehldau, Charlie Haden - 'Alone Together'. 1997 Blue Note CD.

gavreid likes this.
  16. Engels

Engels pfm Member

Carole King - Tapestry

gavreid likes this.
  17. Frankiesays

Frankiesays Rats is life.

Kenny Burrell - Soul call. Prestige cd from 90s.

mikechadwick likes this.
  18. poco a poco

poco a poco pfm Member

John Coltrane - 'Meditations' 1996 impulse CD

mikechadwick likes this.
  19. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

Jazz Samba - Stan Getz/ Charlie Byrd 16 bit 44.1K rip followed by the (Tidal) MQA 24 Bit 96K unfold. Roon through PS Audio Bridge.
    Interesting Comparison

20. Engels

Engels pfm Member

Inspired by another thread, Air's "10 000Hz Legend" double 180g vinyl repress which arrived today

Brown Bottle likes this.